RIP..the death of my beloved SI

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that hella looks totaled to me ... sucks your car was hella nice .... good luck on whateever you decide to get

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys..i was doing like 35-40 mph when i rear ended him...Anybody have any clue what insurance will do..i have full cover and the other car had liability..i don't think it fixable..

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, I know theyr'e probably going to total it, pay off anythign you might own, and then you'll probably get a certain amount of cash back. They're probably going to lowball you on the value of your car too. Fight for the price. Find comparable vehicles in your area and get price quotes from the dealers for the, (I had to do this for mine, but mine was a single vehicle accident).

Make sure you take all your uninsured "aftermarket" parts off your car. Otherwise you're l;ikely just throwing them away. From what I understand some insurance companies *might* pay you for parts if you have reciepts... but I can't imagine why an insurance company would pay you for parts you didn't pay to have insured through them, so be prepared for the parts to just be junked by insurance and not get compensated for them.

I know my car was sold for I think $810 to CoParts after it was totalled. I kind of wish I knew where she went.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Amy what do you mean for "uninsured" parts? i have receipts for all my parts..so i should take everything that i can salvage? like rims and intake and stuff?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you should do that while you still have the car. after they tow it away, you cant take anything off the car.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LatinEM1 said:
Amy what do you mean for "uninsured" parts? i have receipts for all my parts..so i should take everything that i can salvage? like rims and intake and stuff?
Did you ever contact the insurance company and have them add those parts to insurance? If not... theyr'e uninsured.

Just like if someone smashed into your car and took yoru brand new CTR lights in a box that was sitting on the front seat. The window would be insured, but not the stuff in the box.

So yeah, I'd grab all the aftermarket stuff you can. Hope you have your old steelies.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Did you ever contact the insurance company and have them add those parts to insurance? If not... theyr'e uninsured.

Just like if someone smashed into your car and took yoru brand new CTR lights in a box that was sitting on the front seat. The window would be insured, but not the stuff in the box.

So yeah, I'd grab all the aftermarket stuff you can. Hope you have your old steelies.
ohh i see...i never had steelies but i already put them for sale locally

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm only saying you might want to put somethign on there because the insurance company might be wary if they come to get your car and it has no wheels on it.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think the airbag didnt go off because the sensor for it is low and seein as the truck is high up you wouldnt touch it. thats just a guess tho.

dont get rid of it but if you do i need the throttle cable.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks...if i can keep the car i will part it out...

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn man... That sucks.... I've been watching that car develop for a looong time... It was nice as hell.... :cry:

Hope you find something nice to replace it..... ;)

ridin4jesus

5+ Year Member
Dang man that for real stinks, i had that happen to my 240sx when i had it. But about the airbag, that happened to me when, A TRUCK, came into my lane so i had to swerve to the right but i still ended up under the right side touchin his wheel, and since i was such a good boy i got to have a uhaul hit me in the back, luckly uhauls have hydraulic brakes and it wasnt as bad as it could have been, but still the airbag didnt deploy.

But one thing you could do is use the money the insurance gives you to by back the car cause i garauntee that once the car is totaled some mechanic is gonna buy it at an auction and rebuild it under a salvaged title, know that. But i would strip her down of everything i wanted anyway, cause once the tow trunk comes and takes her shes gone. Try and see if the insurance will fix it, cause i have progressive and had been in 5 accidents and still have kept my car. But most important STRIP HER OF EVERYTHING YOU WANT CAUSE THE INSURANCE COMPANY IS NOT GONNA PAY FOR THAT, SO WHY GIVE THEM YOUR HARD EARNED PARTS FOR FREE. Hope I helped

ridin4jesus

5+ Year Member
i think i still have the pics of my accident but from what i can remember my car looked just like yours and progressive didnt total it. Also the place that i took it to after the accident was autocrafters and let me tell you THEY ROCK!!!!!!!! When i got my car back i couldnt even tell it was in a accident, it was that good and they even cleaned the engine bay.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the support guy...yea im taking some parts off...how much can you usually buy back the car for?? do you know? im too sure if its repairable..my front driver shock tower is dented in...even my back trunk cover is crocked...i tried to lower my seas to put the bumper and the keyhole was crocked..=o

ridin4jesus

5+ Year Member
dont know how much it would be but i do know it wouldnt be much cause at a auction man, can you say DIRT CHEAP. Man when i went to the auction i got a 91 nissan 240sx se, nothing wrong with just normal wear, for 900 bucks, 900 BUCKS MAN!!!!!!!!!!. So for a totaled car its not gonna be much, and when they buy it if they dont rebuild it, they just part it out. But to go to an auction you need someone with a dealers license and you need to find out where the car is going to be auctioned and when. Your best bet is to get the parts you want out just in case, you might even be able to take alot of parts out cause when the towed truck comes to get it if he cant put it in a gear he'll pull it on there. So if you want to bare bone that thing i'd try to do it. Also try to see if the insurance will fix it, if they say no see if they will put a set amount toward the repair and you pay some, at least that way you'll get your baby fixed. And like i said autocrafters ROCK.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never seen any Autocrafers here in AZ..is that a repair shop?