Rotor Recomendations

AmerOne

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my rotors are shot , the steering wheel feels like a 25 cent vibrating bed when i break , especially at high speed . im looking to buy new rotors for the front and rear ( i figured might as well go all around ) what would you guys recommend ? im thinking slight upgrade from OEM but nothing too expensive , any recommendations ? whats a good brand thats priced well , also should i get slotted , drilled , slotted & drilled or just plain old flat ? i herd drilled rotors crack quick unless u get like super pricey ones that were carbon frozen or some crap . currently im looking at the Stoptech SportStop Direct Replacement Rotors they go for about 60 a pop for rear 80 a pop for fronts

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Brembo blanks. Get them from www.importrp.com. As for pads? Anything is fine, even Advanced Auto Parts pads. That's what I use and they grab fine.

And you know, if and when your wheels need balancing/are out of balance, that can also make your steering wheel shake. I would know. I just got machined rotors (which means they're basically brand new) and my steering wheel still shakes only because I know I've put over 7000 miles on my tires since my last rotation & balance and I'm overdue for another rotation and balance.

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^Yes, Brembo Blanks and stock pads are a cheap and effective solution for everday driving.
You can also go for good aftermarket pads with the brembo blank combination too.

I thnk I paid $25-$30 per rotor at Nopi.com, a few years back.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
brembo brakes and hawk pads!

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Might as well stay away from slotted or drilled if you are daily driving and not doing high speed driving.

AmerOne

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks guys , ill give these brembos a whirl , im pretty sure its my rotors as i just put new tires on the front so the car was aligned and balaced less than a month ago