RPM problem if A/C or FAN is on????

softtouch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The following problem appears if I switch the aircon or the fan only on:

If I hit the gas a little to start, the rpm goes up to ~1200 (normal) and immediately down to 200 before it goes back to ~1200 and stay there. This will not happen without aircon or fan. Same if I hit the gas and release immediately. The rpm goes up, down to 200 (sometimes, the engine shut down) and back to normal. As mentioned, this will NOT happen without aircon or fan. If I do that without a/c or fan, rpm goes up and back to normal 750. Its nearly impossible to drive if there is traffic and you have to drive/start slowly. Usually, I have to switch the aircon/fan of. Its NOT an aircon problem. Same happen if only the fan is on. Also not an electrical problem. If I switch everything except fan on (lights etc.), this will not happen.

redsidriver2

Banned
well never heard of it turning off but it going low sounds fine . i just disconected my ac and when i press the button my rpm's go up to about 1300 haha

Burnout

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try adjusting ur idle screw....its a flathead screw by the throttle body. turning it CCW brings the idle speed up alittle...but it shouldn't do this with a good idle control valve. did u mess with them screws??

softtouch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I did not touch any screw what has something to do with the idle. The rpm is stable at 750 without aircon or fan. It also dont go below 750 without a/c. only if a/c is on the rpm goes down to 200 or below before it goes back to 750.