RSr Exmag or Greddy SP2???

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im not really a fan of quiet aftermarket exhausts but id go with Greddy. Id recommend going on youtube and finding out which one you like the best.

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
I installed the greddy sp2 with megan header and test pipe for a customer a few months back. 03 RSX-S, sounds nice and quiet until you get on it, then it comes to life.

john-ej1

5+ Year Member
yea that sps is realy quiet, my buddy has it on his del sol, he loves it. as or as looks go, well its kinda wierd cause the tip is not center, is on the left

JDM'sLover

5+ Year Member
i guess no one in here likes rsr exmag. They are really quiet, and i like sp2 also because it has a lil deep tone to it, and thats what i like aobut it.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like the RS*R Exmag..... i plan on running it on my 02 ex turbo. i was told that the Exmag and the apexi world sport 2 sound the same...the Exmag is much heavier than the WS2. i have no experience with the Greddy one

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have the ExMag and I love it. Sounds like the 350z.

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm running a GReddy EVO currently, but my ExMag will be in on Wednesday. After I swap, I'll give my inputs.

JDM'sLover

5+ Year Member
is 300 for RSR exmag a good price? No dents, just normal minor scratches like every other exhaust when lowered.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
taht is and my bro told me not to pay anything over that for a used one. as long as its in good shape it buy it...

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just installed the RS*R ExMag last night (replacing a GReddy EVO). First impression is that the exhaust is REALLY, REALLY quiet. As quiet as OEM at idle. With a load and medium throttle it is very relaxed and minimal exhaust note. With WOT it gets loud(ish) around 5k to 7k (when my VTEC crossover hits). Sounds very similar to the G35 coupe exhaust, a tad high pitch, but no rasp at all.

At interstate speeds (70-100) it is very quiet with low throttle input.

Compared to the EVO, it's a completely different animal. The EVO is deep and throaty. With my Zex camshaft, it would lope at idle similar to muscle cars (obviously not nearly as mean but reminiscent). The ExMag has no real notable exhaust note at idle.

I once heard an SP2 on a B16A2 and to compare the two... the SP2 is a bit louder than the ExMag. Of course, the B16A2 pushes a lot more air than the D16Z6, so maybe that's not a fair comparison.

Overall opinion: if you want high flow, low noise, and a nice looking tip, the ExMag fits the bill. If you want the cops to know you're coming so they can get their radar and laser ready, then you definitely don't want this exhaust -- they will never hear you coming.