RSX Rear Leather Seats in EM2??

heathwillkill

stance is the key
I looked everywhere to see if someone already posted this question, and couldn't find anything so here it goes. WILL RSX REAR LEATHER SEATS FIT IN MY 2002 EM2. one of my friends told me no. but I figured I could ask more people. and possibly figure it out. I want my rear leather seats for my Em2 and I wasn't sure if they made them or rsx seats would work. if you guys could help that would be perfect....

Thanks =)

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
From what I read, it isn't a drop in thing. The seats are a different shape. You would have to make a new bracket and trim the seats. Best be would be to recover yours in leather if you want leather that bad.

BTW the question is all over the net. Searching this in google resulted in quite a few results. Everyone asking questions and only a few that have done it, no writes ups, and they say it is a huge pain in the ass.

heathwillkill

stance is the key
From what I read, it isn't a drop in thing. The seats are a different shape. You would have to make a new bracket and trim the seats. Best be would be to recover yours in leather if you want leather that bad.

BTW the question is all over the net. Searching this in google resulted in quite a few results. Everyone asking questions and only a few that have done it, no writes ups, and they say it is a huge pain in the ass.
thanks

Notbrick

Lethal6 is correct, not exactly a drop in thing. However you CAN do it!. In the link below is a thread i made in another forum shooing the both front and rear leathers installed in the EM2. The RSX and EM2 share the same chassis.

The front seats bolt in with one hole needed to be drilled bigger in the rear bracket on the floor and coupled with a washer.

The rear bench bolts straight in.

The rear backs get tricky since the backs need to be uncovered, the frame cut and trimmed with a angle grinder, the foam needs to be trimmed, and then the two need to be swapped to the opposite side so that the leather pattern aligns with the bench. Zip Tie and make a bracket to hold the two sides together. Weld a steel rod so that it can still fold down. It is a process but well worth it. I was able to figure it out myself but I'm also a DIY kind guy. Just needed to borrow my friends welder for a minute

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/117-interior/355619-rsx-seats-installed-front-rear.html#post4644798

Liquidforce144

Notbrick, I've been looking to do this to my EM2 for a while and debated it with myself because some people said it wasnt worth it and others said it was. Now I am DEFINITELY doing it. Thanks man!