Rsx seat swap into 2000 coupe?

Genyc07

I hate my cloth interior. I read that I can put rsx seats upfront with a bracket swap what about the rear seat. I found a set I would like to buy this weekend but I can't have front seats that don't match the rears. I'm sure it's been asked and answered a thousand times but I can't find the answer by searching. So I figured I'd just break down and ask the pros.

Thanks in advance from the new guy grant.

Also i read ek eg ECt what is my car referred to as 00 ex coupe stick? Thanks

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
00 ex coupe is an EJ8.

As far as the rear seats out of an RSX. This was the very first thread when I google'd it. http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1167520

Honestly, the rears look like crap to me. That is a terrible fit and the sides are still left out of place because the RSX doesn't have the side bolsters like the 6th gen does.

Genyc07

Any recommendations for rear seat leather on a budget. I found rsx rear seats for 60$ in outstanding condition.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To be honest, it doesn't really matter how good of a deal they are if they don't fit. Unless you can turn them for profit and work your way to something you can actually use.

I don't have any suggestions for a 6th gen. I am also on my phone so I can't and won't do the leg work for you. I would recommend doing a google search. I am positive the information is out there and I am sure that people have done write ups on how to do it.

Genyc07

This is true... Trading one bad for another is not my idea of a good idea either. I do like the front seats just need to find an inexpensive solution for the rear

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why cheap out though? Why not save up and have your rear seats redone to match the fronts? That is the right way to do it. My guess would be that it would run around $600-$800 to do right and if you use your seats that are already there, you know they fit and wouldn't require modification to get them mounted up.

Genyc07

Why cheap out though? Why not save up and have your rear seats redone to match the fronts? That is the right way to do it. My guess would be that it would run around $600-$800 to do right and if you use your seats that are already there, you know they fit and wouldn't require modification to get them mounted up.

I like that idea a lot but my concern there would be that the leather will not match grain and shade which would mean I would have to do all four :???: That's why I was thinking about the rsx option. I bought my 00 ex as a commuter car. I spent 1900 on it it runs amazing after driving it a week I figured it deserved alttle update so I want to update it but I have a budget 2000$ For all upgrades I hope to make on this car. I hope to update interior and stereo sound deaden the interior and replace the door skins and seats center console and maybe steering wheel. Mechanically IDE like to improve braking handling and fuel economy. I'm not sure how far I can stretch my budget but that's my logic. Don't know how realistic it is but I'm excited to find out where I get.

But that is why I don't really want to blow the budget on seats. But u are right I have no intention of looking like crap. In fact I want the opposite. So do appreciate the pictures of the gap in link u sent. I hadn't seen that b4. So yea I'm back to square one.. Any suggestions for the leather back seat are most appreciated. Thanks

drewcoreen

drewcoreen
If you dont like the "cloth interior" then get a leather one. Feels nice and looks great. Make sure it matches the color of the car or at least goes with it. =)

Genyc07

Ok so I bought a charcoal interior complete with seats for 150$ with all the parts look great. I've been selling the light grey parts from my carim up to 200$ and still have to find a home for my smoke free light grey seats and steering wheel and plenty more. I'm also sell the charcoal seats that came with the interior. With the extra money I will be buying rsx front seats in black leather and with the left over money I will leather wrap the rear as leathal suggested as well as the armrest shift boot ebrake steering wheel and switch panels on the doors. I'm going to be installing my stereo and speakers at that point as well as adding dynomat and foam as (PHAHEEM) did in his sedan build. I've been really busy running around buying and selling parts to keep costs low. Any suggestions on low buck dynomat sources or alternatives please let me know. Once I have everything together I will be posting pics start to finish my buddies are all ready to do the swap with me just waitiing on a few pieces. Anyway thanks for the good advise so far. Can't wait to put this thing together.