RSX seats in a 6th generation Civic Coupe

EM1Nate

EM1N8's 99 Si
I was wondering how hard is it to put RSX seats into my 99 civic si....
I have seen it done but I am wondering if I am going to need brackets or do the seats just bolt in if I drill holes?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Also if you know where I can get some new black RSX seats for a decent price..

Thanks

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can do it just like the s2k seat swap, pull the pan off ur stock ek seats then carefully un loop the leather at the bottom to pull the pan off the rsx seats then swap em and re loop the leather around. there is a much more detailed version of what im saying, ill look for it.

Basically you put the rsx seat on ur stock ek pan aka rails/brackets

EM1Nate

EM1N8's 99 Si
you can do it just like the s2k seat swap, pull the pan off ur stock ek seats then carefully un loop the leather at the bottom to pull the pan off the rsx seats then swap em and re loop the leather around. there is a much more detailed version of what im saying, ill look for it.

Basically you put the rsx seat on ur stock ek pan aka rails/brackets
That sounds like alot of work but I am certainly down to give it a try. If you can help me find where someone might have put up some step by step on that would be awesome. Ill not go to far by asking for pictures...:lol:

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i put some in mine and i totally half assed it. two of the four holes will fit but it will either sit too far left or too far right. i drilled the other two and kinda forgot about em but what i really need to do is tap new holes and bolt em down or make extension brackets.

either way, they are a big upgrade from the stock seats but i feel like GSR leathers are smaller and more comfy. good luck w your install.

EM1Nate

EM1N8's 99 Si
So you can just put them in drill and tap the holes and put in some bolts? Thats not too hard to do. I just wasnt sure if there was clearance or if the place where the holes need to be are practical..