Rubbing with 15s!!!!

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know, its rediculous. I had a friend ride in my back seat today. I just got my 15" Rota slipstreams with Falken Azenis. When I went over a bump, the back tire where my friend was sitting rubbed really badly. I'm thinkin I need some stiffer springs. Would that fix the problem? Now I'm worried that I wont get stiff enough coilovers.

ebp99si

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just go with the damper kit but it will cost you some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah well the deal is I only have a few hundred bucks so the coilovers are out of the question for now. I'm thinkin ill just not let people sit in the back. ha, but seriously, i gotta fix this. do I need new shocks?

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tear out you back seats....

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, how low are you? what size tires are you riding on?

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok then tell no one they can sit back there. easy.

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The deal is I'm not lowered, and I JUST put on some 15" rotas today with falekn azenis tires. I think the rims might be the 15x7, which maybe goes out just abit too much. the tir rubs on the rear passenger fender. still, theres a good 2.5 inches between the tire and the fender when im parked, which makes me think that i need some new struts.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to be honest i dont know but i cant even imagine what else would cause you to rub unless you had some monster truck tires

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds to me like you need new struts...

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or you springs are shot. you car moves 2.5 inches going over bumps? sounds to me like your springs are dead.

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i wanted coilovers anyway....... guess i gotta get 750 for tein basics

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so i should just go for the gold and get new struts and springs by gettin some coilovers? i guess.......now i only need 590 more dollars

KoketsuCivicSi

MySpace Whore!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CivicKid95 said:
The deal is I'm not lowered, and I JUST put on some 15" rotas today with falekn azenis tires. I think the rims might be the 15x7, which maybe goes out just abit too much. the tir rubs on the rear passenger fender. still, theres a good 2.5 inches between the tire and the fender when im parked, which makes me think that i need some new struts.
i had 17x7.5 5zigen wheels with tire size 205/40/17zr with no rubbing issue

what size is your tire??