running rich need help

95exb18

i have a 95 ex with a b18a swap in it and it is running really rich and when i push the gas too hard it keeps bogging down, i have a completely stock motor with basic add ons like intake and header what could be the cause? anything will help me out right now. thanks:???:

93Civicspeed

i have a 95 ex with a b18a swap in it and it is running really rich and when i push the gas too hard it keeps bogging down, i have a completely stock motor with basic add ons like intake and header what could be the cause? anything will help me out right now. thanks:???:
ECU, Timing, TB, anything to do with fuel sending

Deadswitch

Sometimes its just as simple as making sure your air filter isnt clogged, it may appear clean but those particles are small and sometimes undetectable.....take the filter off your intake and see what happens, if it improves its your filter if not then we know the problem is else where....i would try that first before you go mess with timing and ecu

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is this a new swap, or have these problems recently started?? Tell us more about what all was changed with the swap...Any CEL codes??

93Civicspeed

Sometimes its just as simple as making sure your air filter isnt clogged, it may appear clean but those particles are small and sometimes undetectable.....take the filter off your intake and see what happens, if it improves its your filter if not then we know the problem is else where....i would try that first before you go mess with timing and ecu
Hes got a point I over look the obvious sometimes lol

95exb18

Is this a new swap, or have these problems recently started?? Tell us more about what all was changed with the swap...Any CEL codes??
its not a brand new swap its like a year old, and it just statred a little bit ago, it runs fine sometimes but then for like 5 minutes at a time it will run really rich. no codes at all

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just had this same exact problem. my tps and map sensor were backwards. try that. and clean your spark plugs after. they will be comletely blacked out.

95exb18

Just had this same exact problem. my tps and map sensor were backwards. try that. and clean your spark plugs after. they will be comletely blacked out.
alright man, thanks a lot, ill give this a try and let you know what happens

95exb18

alright so i just went and popped the hood after a little stroll and i see that there is oil leakng out of where the throttle body and intake manifold connect, what would cause this? and is that something to do with why it runs shitty?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im pretty confindent it has something to do with why its running so shitty. they shouldnt be leaking anything, but i have no idea why this is happening.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well if there is a leak around the throttle body. it should be running like there was a vaccum link i think? anybody else know? Is there a hose running from your valve cover to your intake?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
change your primary o2 sensor

RonJ

Banned
Does the CEL work?

Is the engine running cold?

Do you have an exhaust leak?

Have you inspected the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor? Is the ignition timing set to spec?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol havent heard RonJ say much lately. welcome back sir

95exb18

Does the CEL work?

Is the engine running cold?

Do you have an exhaust leak?

Have you inspected the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor? Is the ignition timing set to spec?
it does have a exhaust leak. i think the cel works, not sure tho .... oh and it doesnt run cold it heats up fast but doesnt over heat

RonJ

Banned
it does have a exhaust leak. i think the cel works, not sure tho
Where is the exhaust leak relative to the primary O2 sensor?

If there are no codes thrown, the CEL should turn on and then off after 2 seconds when the key is turned to ON(II).

95exb18

Where is the exhaust leak relative to the primary O2 sensor?

If there are no codes thrown, the CEL should turn on and then off after 2 seconds when the key is turned to ON(II).
theres a leak by the cat and then right by the muffler where i ran out of rod for my welder. and i noticed when i let it warm up and idle it shoots gas right out the exhaust only when its warm tho