running rich need help

mattliston

5+ Year Member
having a crappy ignition system can cause super rich condition

the O2 sensor monitors oxygen. any gas not burned/mixed and ignited correctly will of course flow out the exhaust where the o2 will see it.

Except the ecu thinks the extra air means that the motor is running lean, so dumps more gas into the cylinder

Buy new NGK copper core plugs from your local partsstore, and test your plug wires to make sure thay are making proper resistance.

You want as little resistance as possible, so test the wires and post the resistance valvue

I think the rule of thumb is 12k ohms per foot or less

95exb18

having a crappy ignition system can cause super rich condition

the O2 sensor monitors oxygen. any gas not burned/mixed and ignited correctly will of course flow out the exhaust where the o2 will see it.

Except the ecu thinks the extra air means that the motor is running lean, so dumps more gas into the cylinder

Buy new NGK copper core plugs from your local partsstore, and test your plug wires to make sure thay are making proper resistance.

You want as little resistance as possible, so test the wires and post the resistance valvue

I think the rule of thumb is 12k ohms per foot or less
dont civics usually have 2 o2 sensors? could it be that when the kid did the swap he only has one o2 sensor in it? prolly not cause the ecu doesnt know its not on the same body, idk man ive ran out of ideas for this s**t and i just want it to run right!

mattliston

5+ Year Member
96+ civics have 2 o2 sensors, one fore regular monitoring, the second ONLY for emissions

95 and older use only one o2 sensor

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
obd2 has one before and after the cat. idk what could be wrong anymore. get a scanner to read the car maybe?

95exb18

obd2 has one before and after the cat. idk what could be wrong anymore. get a scanner to read the car maybe?
thats what im doing, i know a guy that runs a garage and wants my mom so i get everything done for free hahah, gotta love it