Running speaker wire to doors

celwin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How do I get the speaker wire from the amp to inside the doors in a 99 civic EX? I can't seem to locate where that door wire loom leads too. It looks impossible to get to by looking under the dash. HELP!

GTIUNIT

very yes...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok, i assume your trying to hook up a 4 channel amp to your interior speakers? you really dont have to run directly to the speakers. just run wires up to your radio and tap into the harness behind your radio.

phuzzit

Phuzzit - jj-
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
help no man - the smaller factory wiring is crap - i just ran new wires in mine - not hard but takes some work.
take your side skirts off, then your fenders - then youll have to run the wires from there - b/c of where the wire leads and the fact that you will either have to drill into the factory door connection - b/c its not just a straight hole - there is a harness there. but half of it is not used, so take your time and drill part of it out on both sides and you have a place to run the wires.

georgelb

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep

Drill a hole in this Molex Plug (more difficult on driver side on EX because of all the power options.)

celwin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
God damn, I have to do all this just to run it through the grommet. I think I'll go the behind the head unit route. Much less time and hassel

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
At work we have to unplug the damn things or drill new holes and make new grommets. We don't have the capability to take everything apart in our shop.....stupid retail policies. LOL "Sorry sir, but we had to strip your car to run the wires...."