Ryan's 91 Crx SI frankenstein turbo

Tryan318

5+ Year Member
Hey Guys, Thought ya might wanna check out my new toy....
I traded my bike for this car, even trade.

B20 block B16 Vtec head T3/T4 revhard hybird turbo Stage 3 Clutchmaster Clutch

Aftermarket Fuel rail,injectors,fuel pump and light weight flywheel.
Hasport motor mounts all the way around

As you can see, I haven't drove it in a few days...

Light weight rims with street legal racing rubber-16's in the front 17's in the back

Hondata S200

there seems to be no problems anywhere with the motor. The Body has a few major rust spots that I don't really feel like dealing with, So I traded another civic body I had for a CRX body with NO rust! I plan to just move everything from one to the other real soon. But before I do, the other body will be painted, engine bay and all. Let me know what you think...

Ryan

Tryan318

5+ Year Member

Sorry about the Twitter add below each picture....

kre8speed

5+ Year Member
Well good trade I dont like the style of the crx but since the motor is going into another one I say sweet.

updates please

Kris

blazedcivicr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
keep us posted i like crx builds

Tryan318

5+ Year Member
I'll post pic's of the build as I go....I'm gonna take my time with this one, hopefully I'll have something new for you to look at by the end of next week. I'm gonna keep it real simple in looks, unless I find a nice lip kit or something, as long as its clean...I'm leaning more towards a deep glossy gray color, but nothings set in stone yet. Aight, until next time.....

Tryan318

5+ Year Member
Here are some Pictures of the car before the build. The day after I took these pictures, I took off the body kit to find nothing but rust. Its crazy bad.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
take that engine and put it in a clean hatch, coupe, teg, or something like that. Love the engine. Unless you're really up to the task of cleaning up that shell else I'd get a new shell. IMO

Tryan318

5+ Year Member
Here is the body I will be moving everything over to. It hardly has any body damage, and there is no rust!

I know it needs a new radiator support, the one on the black crx is in great shape. Fenders and Bumper too.

I've got alot going on right now, so my time to work on it is limited. I'm in the middle of getting married and working 2 jobs! But this car will get done...For the sake of confusion, I'll refer to the rusted out crx as the black crx, and the new rust free crx, as the blue crx.

I went today and worked on the blue crx, it still has the single cam in it, so I messed around alittle and cleaned up the car a bit. It has been sitting under a tree for awhile with no hood over the motor, so It had alot of leaves and junk living in it! First thing, single cam has to come out and I have alot of work to do in the engine bay. Photo's coming soon......

Tryan318

5+ Year Member
take that engine and put it in a clean hatch, coupe, teg, or something like that. Love the engine. Unless you're really up to the task of cleaning up that shell else I'd get a new shell. IMO
I have another 91 Crx that's rust free, I'm moving everything from one to the other. I'm pulling the glass and everything on this one. It should be pretty easy once I get started, I'll let you know how it goes...

Tryan318

5+ Year Member
Here are paint colors I'm looking at, Let me know which one you would choose...

Tryan318

5+ Year Member
The last one. IMO
Yeah, I like that one too. Its mainly between the Copper Orange and the deep gray. I really like the Copper Orange, But if I used it, it would be alot cleaner than the picture I found. I'm all about the clean!

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That poor CRX.

Good luck getting that drivetrain into the clean shell. Keep us updated.

Tryan318

5+ Year Member
That poor CRX.

Good luck getting that drivetrain into the clean shell. Keep us updated.
Both Cars are the same year model. Both are 91's...The setup is already in and running in the black crx, so I'm just really moving everything over. That part of the car isn't what I'm worried about, if I had to pick one thing I'm NOT looking forward to doing, it would be the engine bay. I'm filling in alot of unused holes and it takes alot of work if you want it to look right...

Tryan318

5+ Year Member
I worked alittle on the blue car today, All that has to be done to pull the single cam is undo the Engine Mount bolts. I got side tracked and was helping a friend of mine work on his civic, I should have enough time to pull the single cam tomorrow and hopefully do MOST of the engine bay. I'm thinking about just spraying the engine bay black, Black goes with any color right?!? I'll post pictures of tomorrows progress...

Last edited:

Tryan318

5+ Year Member
Do this build right. Its a very nice car.

and for the paint I would go for the last one. IMO

I want to take my time and do everything right, that was the plan...But, I'm so ready to just GET it done that I'm starting to change my mind on some of the smaller things that are time consuming. I agree with the Copper Orange, I think that color will look best with the rims I have. I found enough of the paint online for around $200, Engine bay, door jams and outside of the car. The Blue car is at my friends shop and he does alot of work for other people, so his stalls are always full. I went over there today but didn't do any work on the car,Hopefully I'll get something done tomorrow.