denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hehehee... ty for the advice homie.. now...get the finish:P

BrakeLights

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like everything is going smoothly! glad to hear it :thumbs up!

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ok, UPDATE: Car runs. :woot:

But...if I dont have the clutch pedal pushed in, something "grinds". In nuetral, if I let off the clutch pedal slowly, I hear a ticking/taping sound. Almost like the TO bearing isnt aligned w/the pressure plate....? Ideas?

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You got pm.. I went through all that bullshit.

and Den, if you (or anyone else) have any problems with your swap you can ask me.. I pretty much did mine by myself with my dad so I know how just about everything works. And like Ej6 said, the pedals are going to be one of the hardest things, especially if youre big or have big hands. I also had trouble lining up my rear mount for some reason :(

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ty bro.. im trying to figure out what causes the grinding with Ryan's car... he said that it only grinds in neutral... but my first guess is the TO bearing hitting the plate thats why it's grinding...

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It grinds like that in every gear. The car is still up on jack stands right now. I dont wanna take it down till I know for sure it works fine. I can put it in gear, and slowly let off the clutch pedal, and it grinds even before the car wants to stall out. :what:

I still gotta tinker w/it all. Im stuck at work till 8pm tonight. So once I get home, Im gonna tackle it.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
gl man :thumbup:

sounds like the to bearing to me too.. try those different steps, and you should be able to come to a conclusion.

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yup sundown is right ..everything has a solution.. if you cant fix it with those simple steps.. your transmission might be the problem.. GL bro

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did you guys have to drill out the holes for the linkage bolts? Where the 5spd linkage bolts to the under-frame, the holes were filled in. So I had to take a 16mm drill bit, and drill it out. Drilled out VERy easy tho, so no big deal. The write-up on H-T said nothing about it, so I was just wondering if you guys had to do it (mainly Sundown).

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yes, I had to. I had to drill small holes inside of the ones that existed on the chassis. Yeah, what sucked was that I was like "Hell yeah, time to put the linkage up.. and then i looked at the bolts, and then at the rubber thing that goes under the car and was like 's**t!'" :lol:.. My holes werent filled in, they were just too far spaced out, which is weird.

how did you do the heatshield? I did mine a little differently than everyone else im sure =)

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yes, I had to. I had to drill small holes inside of the ones that existed on the chassis. Yeah, what sucked was that I was like "Hell yeah, time to put the linkage up.. and then i looked at the bolts, and then at the rubber thing that goes under the car and was like 's**t!'" :lol:.. My holes werent filled in, they were just too far spaced out, which is weird.
You didnt use the auto shifter bolt holes, did you? I tried, and was like "wtf...how is this supposed to even fit up here....!!!!!!! Do I have the right linkage and bushing? " :rolf:

I didnt make a heat shield yet. But Im gonna get a peice of tin I have lying next to the garage, and cut it to fit. Then Im just gonna bond it to the hole. But Im gonna do it from inside the car, instead of the bottom. It'll be 100000x easier from inside the car, plus its alot flatter.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ahahaha....

This was before i did the drilling. my holes were already there for some reason :what:, but were not where they should have been

and dont mind my carpet, it was absolutely disgusting..

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
on second thought, those holes are how the auto shifter was in the car, those had nothing to do with the shift linkage :oops:

and as you can see, i did my cutting from inside the car too. I couldnt get enough clearance from under the car, and really REALLY didnt want to do any cutting with my skil saw with the blade facing up while i was under the car. That just didnt seem like a good idea... That's also why the trash bag is in front of the heatshield hole, it was there to protect my wires because s**t was literally catching on fire (ex. I had a paper on the floor catch fire lol)

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Got a pic of after the drilling? Im just curious to see....

EDIT: Yea, those were the holes I tried using. I had a hard ass time making them work. Then I was up inside the car, and saw the little circles that were filled in...and was like.... "omg....are you f**king serious?"

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
actually i can show you where the holes are now..
*standby for cell phone pic* :lol:

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A dremel is like, 100000x easier......:lol: :lol: I used a dremel, and had no problem what-so-ever.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Glad that you got it started. It sounds like the grinding sound has to do with the bearing. Thats what my buddy's sounded like when his was going....

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
s**t what type of dremel are YOU using??? I have a black n decker, and i nearly burned it out :(

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

i know the pic sucks, but the holes are BARELY inside of the ones that existed...