safe psi range for d15b stock internals, no ic, no bov.

ej8_st

You can say greddy 15g turbo sucks but it's what im leaning towards since it's legal.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
where do you live?

are you getting this thing tuned?

you didn't listen to what I said in the other thread

ej8_st

where do you live?

are you getting this thing tuned?

you didn't listen to what I said in the other thread
well I might get an IC but I don't know what's the deal with getting a bov on that turbo kit. I hear people say 8 psi is safe, 5 psi is safe. so I just want to see what answers i'd get. yes my ecu is already chipped, I'd just get another basemap and swap the chip with a new custom basemap.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
well I might get an IC but I don't know what's the deal with getting a bov on that turbo kit. I hear people say 8 psi is safe, 5 psi is safe. so I just want to see what answers i'd get. yes my ecu is already chipped, I'd just get another basemap and swap the chip with a new custom basemap.
It's not the psi, its the power it makes that is the issue.

You could stuff 30psi in that b***h, if it's only making 160whp then it isn't an issue is it?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why not just get a BOV and IC? You can source those on eBay for pretty cheap. You can get crappy IC piping, but don't cheap out on the BOV.

Running low boost, yes there is a greater chance that you'll be safe, but IMO -- get one. If you have a boost surge say goodbye to your turbo and maybe even the motor.

EDIT: Read this. All of it. It's old, but 95% of the information in there still applies. http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html

Last edited:

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where do you get these new custom basemaps that make it safe to drive a car that is turbo'd?

ej8_st

where do you get these new custom basemaps that make it safe to drive a car that is turbo'd?
I chipped my ecu from phearable.net. They sell a chip that you re-input numbers for your custom basemap and you just buy it then they send it to you. But of course dyno tune is more important.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No intercooler i wouldnt go over 160 hp , with an ic i wouldnt go over 180hp on a d15

ej8_st

yea like vtec crossover is still pronounced. I thought turbos make vtec seem unnoticeable.
another question. whats the max psi i can run without a bov but with an intercooler? because I cant find out how to get a bov on a greddy 15g turbo kit.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
another question. whats the max psi i can run without a bov but with an intercooler? because I cant find out how to get a bov on a greddy 15g turbo kit.
The vid is outside the car, in a garage which amplifies all the noise.....

What do you mean, the BOV doesn't go on the turbo.....

You are very VERY far from understanding how a turbocharger system works and what is needed and what your car car do. Just google turbo builds, there are thousands now. Keep reading and reading before you spend money on anything. Do NOT buy that junk ass 15g setup, you realize there are no replacement parts for that damn thing right? Greddy/Trust went bankrupt like 5 years ago....

yay 666 posts lol

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Vtec is all in the tune, you cant hear sohc vtec but when i went turbo my vtec can be herd like a b16, if theres a huge difference in timing between the two cam lobes you probably will hear vtec cross over

ej8_st

The vid is outside the car, in a garage which amplifies all the noise.....

What do you mean, the BOV doesn't go on the turbo.....

You are very VERY far from understanding how a turbocharger system works and what is needed and what your car car do. Just google turbo builds, there are thousands now. Keep reading and reading before you spend money on anything. Do NOT buy that junk ass 15g setup, you realize there are no replacement parts for that damn thing right? Greddy/Trust went bankrupt like 5 years ago....

yay 666 posts lol
i know how a turbocharger works. turbo sucks in air goes through intercooler goes through bov goes into IM then engine. that 15g kit's intercooler upgrade kit doesnt have a bov flange that connects the intercooler and the throttle body.