Safe to run without this exhaust bracket?

Mad-Mike

5+ Year Member
So I took out the bracket that the Exhaust manifold bolts onto and Can't bolt it back up unless I take out the exhaust manifold. So can I run without it? Its part #12.

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's fine. I would replace is when you can though. It keeps vibration to a minimum. It's okay to run without though

emerican

Registered VIP
it will be fine to run without id put it pretty hight on your to do list though

RonJ

Banned
Why wouldn't you be able to bolt it up with the manifold installed?

Mad-Mike

5+ Year Member
Why wouldn't you be able to bolt it up with the manifold installed?
The manifold hangs a tad bit lower for the bolt to be screwed in. I'm gonna try bolt it back up when ever the weather gets nice again.

ImThaBean

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been running without that bracket bolted since I've had my car, the PO probably has been running it for years like that too. and with mine, the pipe bracket sits in front of the bracket right now. I'd have to drop the whole manifold and unbolt the cat connecting pipe to get it to bolt up properly. Maybe another time....

RonJ

Banned
It so easy to do this job right. Not sure what the big deal is about removing a few bolts to put it back together correctly. We're talking about 10 minutes of work, right? To each his own I guess.

Ron...

5+ Year Member
if it hangs lower now, jack up the front of the car, put it on jackstands, use the jack with a chunk of wood on it to raise the manifold back up so you can bolt it in.

Just don't break the manifold, that'd suck :p