Saving Gas For Your Civic, And Who Doesn't Want To Spend More On Gas?!

Nebster66

yesSIR-S
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey, just starting something on saving gas and trying new ways of saving f**king gas cause even with the prices of gas all over the world, its still a b***h to pay!

I first thing I have tried with saving gas is the usual...

1) Don't ride around with a lot of s**t in the back of your ride...
2) Replace the spark plugs regularly...

But apparently adding Acetone to the gas fillups and s**t can give you more km's (or miles) per tank!
Acetone is as you know, a colorless, mobile and organic compound and is also an active ingredient in nail polish remover and also as paint thinner and sanitary cleaners! But it does give you several hundred extra miles/km's and that is just what my dad has recorded with a 1990 Chevy Cavalier (that I don't own!!)

Ideas, suggestions, feedback and any help can assist others in finding other ways of saving $$$$$
on gas and this is just one of the ways that the gas companies doesn't want you to know!

- Nebster66

stealthex

stealthex
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmmm dont know how i feel bout putting acitone into my gas tank... my buddy put 20% nitro methane into his tank once (r/c car race fuel) he put about 750ml to a tank the first time it was a 97 dx cai and exaust and he had a noticible amount acceleration increase so he got stupid ran a few more tanks like that thru it and yup do i even need to explain the havoc it did to that engine damn need melted the pistons...but as for gas saving tips just dont ride heavy, correct tire pressure, routine oil changes and normal maitnence

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i heard that if you just floor it everywhere you get to where your going faster so your car doesn't have enough time to use a lot of gas.

Tam4511

Boost Fiend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
.... r u serious?
speeding uses more gas than going slower its no coresponding......i hope to god ur kidding
if not who ever told u that... wel im not even gonna say

Nebster66

yesSIR-S
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmmm dont know how i feel bout putting acitone into my gas tank... my buddy put 20% nitro methane into his tank once (r/c car race fuel) he put about 750ml to a tank the first time it was a 97 dx cai and exaust and he had a noticible amount acceleration increase so he got stupid ran a few more tanks like that thru it and yup do i even need to explain the havoc it did to that engine damn need melted the pistons...but as for gas saving tips just dont ride heavy, correct tire pressure, routine oil changes and normal maitnence
Yea... I have heard of people also adding nitro methane or just straight up methanoel injection kits! But I was seeing just what people have to say, interesting it turned out to be a real hassle!

stealthex

stealthex
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
please dont add nitro methane unless ur planning on swapping your motor cause ur gonna blow it and also nitro methane costs about 20 bucks a gallon! but another way to save gas is make sure u dont pick up fat chicks lol j/k

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have found that if i dont let my tank get below half i get about 2mpg better then if i fill it up when its empty. i know its not much but every little bit helps.

stickeyrice84

5+ Year Member
why are you hateing on the fat chicks i love them they do things that some girls wont do lol, and yah every bit helps in the end for sure

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
need more info on this acetone thing. is it safe?

EJ1Mek

5+ Year Member
There was a guy on you tube who did all of these and calculated the miles from doing these all together he was saving 15 more miles added to his regular miles per gallon

Tweedle_Dee

5+ Year Member
Speaking of which... I'm thinking of getting a civic sedan (non-EX), 5 speed. What kind of mpg can be expected doing mostly highway driving with these?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Speaking of which... I'm thinking of getting a civic sedan (non-EX), 5 speed. What kind of mpg can be expected doing mostly highway driving with these?
anywhere between 32-40 mpg depending on the mileage/care of the motor