Scangauge 2 Custom Install

jlk16188

5+ Year Member
Hey guys, ive been using this site and others like it to get ideas and advice on my car for a short while now.

Ive recently bought a scangauge 2 and have been trying to think of a cool way to mount it other than what everyone else has already done. So here it is.... still in the works though but its a start. I used an extra steering column cover and fiber glassed a mount for the gauge using 1/8 in Plexiglas as a frame and some felt from walmart. Tomorrow I'm gonna Bondo it and give it a final sand before painting it black to match the interior.

Let me know what you guys think.

PS. i really like the scangauge, its quite useful and Ive been getting 43 MPG around town driving up and down through the Appalachians, and Ive been monitoring intake air temp and recently wrapped my exhaust manny with header wrap and have seen a significant improvement in IAT and MPG...try it before you knock it

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think its useless.

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive never heard of it, but if it helps ya then cool. BTW IMO you did great with the fab process. keep it up

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good but don't cover it in felt

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its not going to b covered in felt, i used the felt as part of the fiberglassing process
i do like your fab up job. keep th updates going.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
pretty good mount job.. i wanna see the finished product!

guerra

5+ Year Member
Yeah, I googled it as well, seems like it tells you a lot of good stuff. I'd like having it but I don't feel like spending the money right now lol. But nice job with the custom mounting. :thumbs up

jlk16188

5+ Year Member
Quick Update...

a couple coats of Bondo and a s**t ton of sanding. Needs some final sanding with some 500 grit, then a quick 1000 grit and some paint.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That looks excellent. Great work.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG