Scott's Build Thread 56K pray hard

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like the extra money from the b16 could be put to good use with the piston/rods. are you gonna lower the compression? if so, i would go with the b16

biglou954

Heyyyy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
very nice!!! keep it going!

fryrice

5+ Year Member
haha my civic is the same color at urs ppl say it looks more purple than gray (as stated in registration)

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The paint itself isnt actually that expensive. All told for the primer, basecoat, topcoat, and clear, it will be about 400$, which I think is pretty reasonable. I'd rather have a more 'custom' color then a color that comes on a production car. Though I agree, the color of the STI's is very nice, I may end up with something close but a bit more metallic.
Thats alot for PPG Paint...imo. I got all of my supplies for $173 out the door.

AcousticAudio

Built LSVTEC .63 a/r stg3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha yeah I've since changed my mind, I'm going with the wr blue pearl :p. I'm glad someone told me about that.

And yes I would lower the compression in the b16.

AcousticAudio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Any other opinions between the two motors? The b16 would get 9.0:1 pistons/rods, or maybe 9.8:1 or 10.5:1, and just run less boost. But the b18 will have to run on stock internals. Both will run 10-12psi, probably a t3/t4 or just a t3. Skunk2 intake manifold, exhaust, Skunk2 cam gears, F1 stage 4 clutch, 750cc - 1000cc injectors, Neptune management, walbro 255lph pump, ram manifold and test pipe will be applied to either.

Keep in mind I'm trying to make somewhere between 300-330whp and not much more.

AcousticAudio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just an update, started stripping down the car further, removed my trunk lid, doors, and tail lights, and I've began my battle against the rust. I'm probably just going to sand out as much of the rust as I can (the rust is only on the outer skin of the quarter), and then brush some rust inhibitor all around the inside and then pack it up with some chop-mat glass. However if things go bad, I've made a plaster cast of the piece in question, so that I can create a totally new copy of the whole location from glass if I have to.

AcousticAudio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh yeah, and I'm still waiting for those LCA's. I filed a claim with the ebay store that sold them to me, and I'm going to get my money back. So I ordered these up from a seller I trust, they are located in B.C and I bought my lowering springs from them, they got them to me in 1 business day. Can't beat that.

AcousticAudio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Heres how the mold pulled off the quater panel:
Now I'm free to f**k it up, and I can make as many copies of that section as I want.

AcousticAudio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So after alot of f**king around, heres the parts I ended up getting:

Nifty huh? Installed pictures later tonight

AcousticAudio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Couple more pics in the daylight... I also just took the car for a rip around the block, first time driving it lowered, plus the new tie bar and lca's. Gotta say it rips around the corners :D :D :D

AcousticAudio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It was cheap. I wasn't really planning on getting a tie bar, but it was a good price and i figured hey, it must be better then not having one at all. Later on I'll get a skunk2.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
subscribed for more updates