screaching noise from suspension

dwoodson87

ProtekYaNeck
5+ Year Member
Lately every time I turn my steering wheel, im getting a loud squeeking,screaching sound from somewhere in the suspension im guessing. Progressively getting worse. Recently replaced driver side inner tie rod after it snapped out of nowhere, but sound is still there. Ive looked, but everything seems ok. Thinking front LCAs maybe?? Anyone have any ideas?
On Tein S-tech w/ Koni STR.T

snapped tie rod
[/URL]

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Have you tried looking for rubbing with the wheels full left and right?

Trekk

Registered VIP
shoot some wd-40 on one part/bushing at a time then test it. Once the sound goes away you know you found your part.

dwoodson87

ProtekYaNeck
5+ Year Member
fender rub isnt the problem, thinking of replacing front LCAs. Try wd40 per bushing till...any others??

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm having the same issue with my 5th gen. Without actually looking at it, my mechanic said "shocks, ball joints, end links etc etc" lol not much help.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do you not hear any noise aside from when turning the wheels? Only thing I can think of that really makes a consistent squeaking noise when turning the wheels like that would be the lower ball joints, since they are your main weight bearing pivot point, but you should also hear noise at other times while driving too.

You can check them by spraying WD40 inside the ball joints boot and filling it up with lube... the noise should go away or lessen for a little while... but that would only be a temp fix, and you'll need to replace the ball joints.