sea foam

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sea foam is good stuff. makes the car smoke like a mofo till it gets all the seafoam out tho haha.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I seafoamed my car at around 165,000 miles. Yes, there is the huge debate on whether or not it's safe to seafoam a high mileage car because of all the build up inside the engine. I did a ton of reading before I ended up doing it.

It cleaned up my acceleration a lot and fixed my idle a bit. But it also killed my o2 sensor within seconds of driving the car after the huge smoke show. Drive easy for a few minutes then go WOT and redline a few times (at least that's what I read).

If you want it to make the biggest different, use the entire can. 1/3 in the engine (oil filler hole), 1/3 in a vacuum line (brake booster is easy), 1/3 in gas tank. Just be sure to NOT let the engine die. Pour slowly, let it sip it in rather than gulp it down. If it sounds like it's gonna die, stop pouring and hit the gas a little bit and rev it up.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ Hey at least it's not another "what kind of intake / header / exhaust / engine swap" should I buy thread :lol:.

I haven't seen a sea foam thread in a while now.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol how much can you talk about a can of cleaner vs a header/exhaust?

Alright i'll retract my post and start a new exhaust thread ;)

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when a new member signs up, these things should be a must...they HAVE TO READ IT before they can post lol.

hop-1

5+ Year Member
there should be an entrance exam before they let you in here.

do you know how to search?
yes no

can you read?
yes no Al Gore

1slowdseries

5+ Year Member
seafoam is good s**t, but if you have a vtec motor, DO NOT put it in your oil! it kills you LMAs trust me! they chatter like hell! just suck it through the brake booster vaccume line! thas how i do it and it works great! and yea do it slow! lol it wont want to start after you drown it!:D

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seafoam is good s**t, but if you have a vtec motor, DO NOT put it in your oil! it kills you LMAs trust me! they chatter like hell! just suck it through the brake booster vaccume line! thas how i do it and it works great! and yea do it slow! lol it wont want to start after you drown it!:D
I think you did something wrong. This s**t is tried and true on VTEC, non-VTEC, turbo, non-turbo, whatever.

If you are not changing your oil and plugs after Seafoaming it .... then that's your problem.

1slowdseries

5+ Year Member
i changed the oil afterards! but they never chattered like they did after i did it! i added mabey a half a pop can to the oil.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I do 1/3 in the gas tank, 1/3 in the intake manifold, and 1/3 into the oil.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i wouldnt put that stuff other than my gas tank..... and i still dont think i'd put it in my gas tank...

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's Seafoam? Like a reef?