sea foam

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So, it's not a magical reef that you put in your engine/gas tank/IM?

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nah. You put the magical reef in your lunnnnggss.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i changed the oil afterards! but they never chattered like they did after i did it! i added mabey a half a pop can to the oil.
Half a can? Holy s**t. It's recommended to only put 1/3 of the entire can into the engine.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I only put 1/3 in the crankcase and 1/3 in the pcp hoes.

I don't like the idea of it being in the gas tank because it seems like it'll just float around in there until the gas runs out... I like the idea of pouring in, and removing when necessary.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used a can of seafoam, chugged it actually and it cleaned my colon to perfection!

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^Wow really? I may have to try that some day!

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just did my car for the first time today on my '00 Civic with 120k miles. Surprisingly, mine smoking didn't last long so I guess my car was pretty clean in the first place!

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just did my car for the first time today on my '00 Civic with 120k miles. Surprisingly, mine smoking didn't last long so I guess my car was pretty clean in the first place!
you didn't use enough, do it again....

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I used the whole can. It smoked when I ran it hard, but not so much like the videos I've seen.
Some cars smoke more than others. You're fine. As long as you used it properly and changed your oil within 50 miles of driving after pouring it into the engine (that is if you poured it into the engine).

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Some cars smoke more than others. You're fine. As long as you used it properly and changed your oil within 50 miles of driving after pouring it into the engine (that is if you poured it into the engine).
Yep, did everything like I was supposed to with no problems. Drove for about 25 miles after and will be changing the oil in the morning.

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've always bought two bottles. 1/2 into the crankcase, the other 1/2 to the brake booster. Cleans it up REEAALLL well. Then the other bottle all went to a full tank of gas. (well nearly full...)

My first time doing it. I did the 1/3...1/3...1/3.. ordeal. Didn't do much of a difference and smoked some, but not as much as I've seen. I've read someone doing the 2 bottles on a different forum. Been doing it like that ever since.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm thinking about whether or not I want to risk doing seafoam again when I hit 200,000 in less than a month... I'd do it in the engine and brake booster line. I don't have money for a swap / new car :lol:.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Amej, if you already started, you might as well continue. It's rule of thumb, once you go black, you never go back! :lol:

But serious, If you've already started using it, I'd recommend continuing before some s**t really f**ks up if you have carbon build up all over.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you don't want to use it on higher mileage cars becasue that carbon build up actually fills tiny cracks in teh block, if you clean that out it's just not good for it.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^But if you've STARTED, most likely those build ups wouldn't be around as much, durhshoifhhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhf fufufufufufufuf

fufufufufufu < reminds me of pokemon game on gameboy hehe

dj_audio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do you have to put 1/3 in the gas tank, 1/3 in the brake booster, and 1/3 in the engine oil all at the same time when you run your car? Would you recommend just doing one of the three, or doing it all at once?