//::SeanJohn1802 Photoshoot ::: Presenting Matt's SRT-4

PANGES

Tree > Skyline 240sx :(
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice car =) They're not as bad as everyone thinks, I raced a couple before and they kept up a hella of a lot better than the evo 8's and 9's did. Only downflaw I would say is the FWD and the redline.. just rely on torque too much... which i dont think is all that bad... 260torque @ 2200 rpm is pretty amazing. (correct me on the numbers if i'm wrong). In stock trim, my car did'nt make 260 torque till like 5000 rpm. lol. If he was AWD, I dunno if I would've taken him or not. (This was stock for stock for comparison)

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
panges what did you run... did u ever track ur 240?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
it's funny that civic owners are saying "it's still a neon" :lol:

like an evo is just a lancer eh?
No one has a problem with lancers, or impreza's. But everyone hates neons. Which is why we say its still a neon.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
once again Daniel, sweet pictures..I love the picture of the MPH gauge

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
No one has a problem with lancers, or impreza's. But everyone hates neons. Which is why we say its still a neon.
whats funny is all these comments come from .. . . CIVIC OWNERS !!!! (because a civic is a much better car right)

[/civic owner comment]

thanks jeff, matt loves that pic too! lol

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im not going to get into this really, because i think SRT-4's are pretty damn cool, but at the same time, in the defense of some of the other members here, i WOULD argue that a stock civic is alot better then a stock neon. Both have slackass performance, but the build quality of the honda and the fit and finish is alot higher then the neon.. Now, I could justify driving the srt because i think it is cool looking and quite the performer, but thats why people say "ITS STILL A NEON". Yes, a neon is aimed at the same market as a civic, but i think a civic is a better made machine.

PANGES

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
panges what did you run... did u ever track ur 240?
No, never got a chance... i did however beat this fully built rsx-s (cams, spray, blah blah) that runs 12.4 1/4 mile by a few cars so i think it's safe to say somewhere in the 12's. I did'nt really pull on him till like near the end of 3rd gear and 4th gear i pulled away more... so i'm probally close to what he would do in the 1/4... i was on 14 PSI at the time though.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all go no show said:
Im not going to get into this really, because i think SRT-4's are pretty damn cool, but at the same time, in the defense of some of the other members here, i WOULD argue that a stock civic is alot better then a stock neon. Both have slackass performance, but the build quality of the honda and the fit and finish is alot higher then the neon.. Now, I could justify driving the srt because i think it is cool looking and quite the performer, but thats why people say "ITS STILL A NEON". Yes, a neon is aimed at the same market as a civic, but i think a civic is a better made machine.
But the argument is null and void because an SRT4 isn't a normal neon.... It might still be a neon, but the build and fit of it as well as perfomance is improved....

But whatever, let the haters hate.... :lol:

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
car looks bangin...:thumbs up

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
But the argument is null and void because an SRT4 isn't a normal neon.... It might still be a neon, but the build and fit of it as well as perfomance is improved....

But whatever, let the haters hate.... :lol:
If that is the case, I will agree with you.. i think its hard to believe that a company would step up its build quality just to make this car.. but nonetheless, one of the only domestic cars i would buy.

Anyone have any opinion in terms of the cars longterm reliability??

PANGES

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all go no show said:
If that is the case, I will agree with you.. i think its hard to believe that a company would step up its build quality just to make this car.. but nonetheless, one of the only domestic cars i would buy.

Anyone have any opinion in terms of the cars longterm reliability??
With a cast iron block, i'd assume it should last a fairly long while.. (correct me if i'm wrong)

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PANGES said:
With a cast iron block, i'd assume it should last a fairly long while.. (correct me if i'm wrong)
Now, I could very likely be wrong here... but the old neon with the DSM motor had an iron block correct??? And it sucked ass in about every other aspect but that damn block.. something that alot of people say abuot dsms!!

Matt

0_o
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are a couple 03's hitting 100k these days and still running strong, there is one guy with a big turbo on his stock motor who is at 103k and his car still feels like new.

Take care of your car, and the car will take care of you =)

Also on build quality.. my gf has a 05 neon SXT as a rental (her si is in the bodyshop) while the interior is 70% the same. The srt-4 defenatly has better quality parts, such as the fabric on the seats, roof and doors, the bezzels are better, the guages are better etc.. the suspension is completley different, the brakes are different and the motor and tranny are a complety different beast then found in any neon.

Thanks for comments guys, good or bad.

StanghaterCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ExLs3386 said:
For some reason i think they almost look better stock height.... ?

and yes STOCK sohc sucks ass... but ive ridden in some sohc that would eat that srt4 lol.... sohc have lots of potential...

well i hope a sohc with work done 2 it.......hopin its turbo if u say it can beat it.......anyways let the sohc get a hold of one with an AGP 50 trim kit....i dont think it will be much of a race.........but yea man nice ride.....brother has a white one

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow is that really dropped? Looks liek it's still high, I guess it's just the shape.

Nice car though. Not my style. But a nice car nonetheless.