//::SeanJohn1802 Photoshoot ::: Presenting Matt's SRT-4

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gabebauman said:
I really don't care about that. I never said it was slow. But it's still a neon.
all this talk about it.. have you actually drove one, been in one, or even been AROUND one?

I must say... i had a rental neon, looks just like the SRT4 (minus the obvious, motor, bumpers, misc. interior, etc..) and i wasn't a fan of the car what so ever... but the SRT4, pretty f**kin nice... i got to drive it last night... man, its FUN!!! i don't know about the handling on it... but as far as go fast and have fun.. definately there.. more so than any SOHC vtec POS engine (cuz SOHC sucks ass)

ExLs3386

5+ Year Member
For some reason i think they almost look better stock height.... ?

and yes STOCK sohc sucks ass... but ive ridden in some sohc that would eat that srt4 lol.... sohc have lots of potential...

gabebauman

Sk8aholic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
all this talk about it.. have you actually drove one, been in one, or even been AROUND one?
I don't know why you're getting soo mad about my honest opinion about how I feel about Neons. Sure...the first/only autucross I did last year I was in the prescence of an ALL MIGHTY NEON, this one to be exact:

He had pretty good times, but I was two full seconds faster than him on 3 of my 5 runs. Given there is quite a bit more driver error when it comes to going around cones than just flooring it and driving straight...but he had been autocrossing this particular neon for a few months before I got to participate myself. Not to mention, he had been running another car previous to this car.

So I voiced my honest opinion about what I think of this car and neons in general...no need to get upset. Besides, this is clubCIVIC.com...i'm suprised more people aren't on my side...just because it comes from the factory equiped with a turbo...doesn't make it cool. I'd never be caught dead in one.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
it's funny that civic owners are saying "it's still a neon" :lol:

like an evo is just a lancer eh?

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
it's funny that civic owners are saying "it's still a neon" :lol:

like an evo is just a lancer eh?
exactly. The EVO is just a faster Lancer, just like the SRT-4 is a faster Neon.

mugen00

American Honda=Domestic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good but it aint sex on wheels though!!

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks really good, I like them a lot.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Shogun said:
exactly. The EVO is just a faster Lancer, just like the SRT-4 is a faster Neon.
Yet it's so funny to see the different responses... specially from civic owners :lol:

people cream over the evo, you never hear... "it's still just a lancer"

but when somebody posts up their new lancer people call them pieces of s**t :lol:

the srt4 is an amazing car imo... an awesome upgrade ;)

gabebauman

Sk8aholic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not a fan of the EVO's either. Probably a great car to drive and all...but just not my taste. I guess it's a four door thing.

Matt

0_o
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol Gabebaumen, just because you have a civic with cheap knock off parts and a few jdm parts doesnt mean its cool... in the end it still just a usdm civic. Pretty much the same thing your saying about a srt-4 and neon.

Although ive owned 2 civics and a prelude, im gonna have to say i like this "neon" much more then the civics and even my prelude.

You are however entled to your opinion which is cool.

gabebauman

Sk8aholic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Matt said:
You are however entled to your opinion which is cool.
BTW: All those "cheap knock-off parts" serve their purpose and have never let me down.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
interesting pissing contest you guys got going on here

i havent seen matts neon in person yet, my friend had an srt4 for a little while before it got repoed and while it was fast, i wasnt a fan of the car itsself. I liked the prelude better personally but thats just me. I seem to have a real loyalty to hondas ... lately ive been really starting to like nissans too ... not 240s but sentra sers (especailly the old 92ish ones), altimas, maxima (2000 was teh sex on those, dont like the new ones though)

anyways look like youre on your way

have you gotten pulled over a lot cause its red or are you coo so far?

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and gabe ... even though i love your car you cant seriously defend every jdm mod on your car, because we all know exterior mods, tastefull or tasteless, serve absolutely NO PURPOSE aside from astestic, which in the "fast car" world, astestics means nothing.

chow

Its hard to convert KMH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool. i know where that area is where you took those pics. dam rich white area.

Matt

0_o
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Melt, ive been lucky so far =)

chow said:
cool. i know where that area is where you took those pics. dam rich white area.
I have no idea, i dont live anywhere near there, Daniel works near there so thats where the pics were taken. I live near Arden. Also most the people we saw there were asian people, not white.

chow

Its hard to convert KMH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Matt said:
Melt, ive been lucky so far =)

I have no idea, i dont live anywhere near there, Daniel works near there so thats where the pics were taken. I live near Arden. Also most the people we saw there were asian people, not white.
lol. it is a nice neighborhood isnt it? man made lake and everything. dam rich folks.