Seatbelts don't retract properly

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Anyone else got this problem? The seat-belts for the front seats don't automatically retract when they've been unbuttoned. Its a bit annoying cuz they just sort of hang about and get trapped in the door sometimes. If i manually push them back in they stay. i want em to go back in themselves tho

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have the same problem man i went to my honda dealership and they say to bring it in and they will check if it's covered under a warranty of some sort. it's a safety issue your seatbelt is f**ked just like mine if the belt doesn't retract that means you have to get a new one

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so go to your local honda dealership they should fix it for free

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cheers, i'll give em a call tomorrow and see what they say. it does retract a little bit but not enough, but it does seem to be fine whilst driving, i.e. buckled up. either way, i'll have a word

YAYO951

YAYO951
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well Im Big And I Also Have The Same Problem
Lol
Ima Check It Out

BrakeLights

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it could also be dirt built up on your actually seat belt piece. take a rag and run it through both sides of the actually buckle and see if that helps. if you can put it through yourself it could just be the dirt.

nextproject97

5+ Year Member
seat belts

I had that problem and the dealer told me they could possibly cover it under warranty so I took it in for them to look at the belts and of course they would not cover them under warranty they told me to clean the seat belts with soap and water which I did and it did not fix the problem so I ordered and installed brand new seat belts driver and passenger now they work fine ! Good luck getting the" stealership " to give ya seat belts as I had no luck with them .

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im pretty sure,they always repair anything that has to do with safty restraints with or with out a warranty for free

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Called them and they said i've have to book it in for an "inspection" - which will cost me £30 - and this is just so they can tell me if i need to pay more to get it repaired or not. I don't think its gonna be free tho :-(