Secondary O2 sensor connector location?

cmaylo

5+ Year Member
I apologize if this is readily available somewhere, but I have searched all over the intarwebs for the answer and can't find it.

Where is the connector for the secondary O2 sensor on a 1998 Civic EX? I can see that the wiring goes up into the car right above the catalytic converter, but where it goes after that is a mystery. I'd assume it comes through somewhere near the center console, but I have no idea.

Zzyzxek

5+ Year Member
yeah take the center consol off you will prolly see the wires they go up right beside the shift linkage

cmaylo

5+ Year Member
Well I just pulled off my center console and saw some wires, but none of them looked like O2 wires. Does anyone know where the secondary O2 sensor plugs in? I have read in another forum that on the 7th gen civics, it plugs in near the fuse box in the cabin, but I haven't found anything for 6th gen civics.

Honisoto_69

I
5+ Year Member
omg. look under the car and there should be a little piece of round rubber covering up a hole and im sure there is a plug in there.

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
omg. look under the car and there should be a little piece of round rubber covering up a hole and im sure there is a plug in there.
that is not where the o2 sensor connector is... and the o2 sensor has to be pulled thru the top. connector does not fit in.

as to the op. pull of center console, look under the bracket that has ur cup holder or so. it should be clipped onto the bracket on the drivers side. the connector will not look like an o2 sensor connector at that point. once you pull out the connector, and the wiring you will see it connects to an o2 sensor connector. it may also be underneath the air box behind the cup holder.

cmaylo

5+ Year Member
Awesome. Guess I'll be tearing down my center console/lower dash today in search of this elusive connector. I plan on wiring up an O2 simulator/heater resistor to the connector, and having it all inside the cabin. Turns out that the mechanical O2 sensor fix won't fit with my downpipe.

Are the wires in the cabin the same color as the O2 sensor wires under the car? Two black/white, one green/black, and one white/red?

Zzyzxek

5+ Year Member
are you looking for the plug? cause yeah you can get that from under the car. pull out the rubber grommet. its there. and the plug might seem like it wont fit out but it does i got it out easy.