sensor problem

jdmbozhko

5+ Year Member
hey guys,

i have a sensor problem on my car my rpm's keep jumping from like 1-2 does anyone know what sensor it is and how much it would be to replace it.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How do you know it's a sensor? Might be a vacuum leak.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How do you know it's a sensor? Might be a vacuum leak.
That's what I was going to say.

Is your CEL on? If so, check the code(s).

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Betting on the vacuum leak.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
o2 sensor should not cause a car to have a jumping idle. At least as far as I know. It would just make it bog under acceleration.

I had a bad o2 sensor (even threw the code for it) and it didn't effect my idle at all.

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
o2 sensor should not cause a car to have a jumping idle. At least as far as I know. It would just make it bog under acceleration.

I had a bad o2 sensor (even threw the code for it) and it didn't effect my idle at all.
my buddies eg had his secondary o2 sensor go out twice and it jumped from 1k to 2k at idle each time....dunno if they fixed that problem somehow for 6th gens but it was alot like what this dudes talking about

SweetEBPSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it's going to be either a vacuum leak or your TPS sensor. If it's the TPS sensor, you can just unscrew it, clean it and put it back on. A lot of times that will fix it.

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think it's going to be either a vacuum leak or your TPS sensor. If it's the TPS sensor, you can just unscrew it, clean it and put it back on. A lot of times that will fix it.
Isnt the TPS riveted to the throttle body?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my buddies eg had his secondary o2 sensor go out twice and it jumped from 1k to 2k at idle each time....dunno if they fixed that problem somehow for 6th gens but it was alot like what this dudes talking about
your secondary 02 has nothing to do with your engine performance. its nothing more than a catalyst performance monitor

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There is no screw head on the bolts that hold in the TPS sensor. However if you look on the underside there are threads. So I'm assuming that if you dremeled in a slot for a flat head you may be able to remove it. Never tried this, but just went and looked at a spare B16 TB that we have in the living room lol Honda House FTW.

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your secondary 02 has nothing to do with your engine performance. its nothing more than a catalyst performance monitor
dude i sat in this kids car while it was doing it.....and honda took the code from it and told us we needed a new o2 sensor and replaced it and it was fixed.....maybe his car is weird idk but dont call me a liar

ThaJokaa

Buildin..???
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
umm not in 6th gens no i had to replace my whole throttle body jus for the damn sensr they welded that on there fukin honda

SweetEBPSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
umm not in 6th gens no i had to replace my whole throttle body jus for the damn sensr they welded that on there fukin honda
Check my last post. I corrected myself by saying the Idle Air Control Valve, not the TPS sensor. You can unscrew the IACV, clean it, and screw it back on. A lot of times that fixes irregular idles.