serious problem need help!

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey guys. i have asked many times all around and cannot figure this problem out.
my starter does not spin. it clicks but does not turn at all. i have replaced and tried mutiple starters, new battery, ignition switch, new alt, new fuses, mutiple grounds, 4gauge wire from the battery to the starter, mutiple grounds to the starter, etc. everything!
the starter does not want to turn over what so ever. it just clicks. one single click and thats it. i have to keep turning the key to get it to click and try to get it to turn. finally after clicking it so many times it starts.
i am going crazy trying to figure this out. does anyone have any ideas or helpful things i can try to fix this. i have spoke with honda service and they cannot even figure it out. the starter works great once the car is hot, or its warm out. just when it sits and gets cold thats when it has problems with engaging.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT!!!!

thaNKS

RonJ

Banned
Sounds like a battery problem.

jessye08

i know u said the battery is new but have you had it tested some times the new batterys can be bad or discharged you might try letting it charge over night on a 12 volt 6 amp charge also are the starters you have bought brand new or are they remanufactured i dont know how many ive bought that were reman and they were still bad. hope this helped

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
starter is good. had it tested 10 times. perfect test everytime. battery tested perfect too. battery is about 13.5+ volts when trying to start.....

ive tried mutiple batteries and starters... doesnt make sense

jessye08

how many amps is the battery putting out its very rare but i have seen a battery put out 13 volts but not put out any amps. but thats realy wierd also could be connections but i doubt it if you already went threw everything there is one other thing that comes to mind and thats your clutch pedal switch it might not be making good conection

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya thats all good. im starting to think it may be starter solenoid contacts?.... wierd that other starters may have this prob too. but not sure yet