Seriously, hurricanes FTL.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
west coast FTW!
x2

its crazy that we dont have to worry about it over here, gives you a good warm feeling inside.

but we still don't when the f**k that huge mother f**king earthquake is going to hit, so that's even worse imo, we won't even really have a warning and bam...

CajunRicer

Master
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man, all this waiting is pissin me off. i wish it would just hit already, damn.

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man, all this waiting is pissin me off. i wish it would just hit already, damn.
just drink till you pass out.... itl hit soon enough & when you wake up youll only have question from the aftermath. What? :scurred: ...

What What In the butt?

:rolf:

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I hope this hurricane is dies down for the sake of this country... I hate natural disasters...:cry:

CajunRicer

Master
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just woke up, 8:20 am. Its a little windy, were just catching some of the outer bands. It feels good outside.

CajunRicer

Master
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bout 1:30 now, wind is gettin a little worse, but not bad reall. seen much worse before.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I lived in NC once during a hurricane. Good thing we didnt take a direct hit. I hope everything comes out good in the end for you and everyone else down there!

CajunRicer

Master
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
TY man, everything is lookin much better than what they projected. The hurricane was sup to build up to a 5, but it moved so fast that it didnt have time to grow. I think it made landfall as a 2, and is going to hit my area as a 1. We are very releaved.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So it wasn't what everyone built it up to be?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There were a bunch of evacuees in Dallas bitching about the conditions of the Dallas Convention Center.

They bitched about how no one was being fed. (the Red Cross and Dallas County both agree that there was a shortage of plates but everyone who got out of bed in time for breakfast was served...the Red Cross was continuing to serve people willing to walk about an extra 75 yards.)

They bitched about the sleeping conditions. :wtf: we feed you and house you for free and you wanna b***h about being on a cot? Let's just rent out all the rooms at the Adam's Mark Hotel next time and let you order room service out of our wallets. Would that be okay?:roll: Oh wait, 4-star not good enough? How about The Adolphus?

The most damning thing about it was that they guy bitching the most got into a relatively new Expedition and drove away. WHAT? You can afford an 07-08 Expedition and you can't afford Motel 6 and McDonalds for your family?

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've finally reset from the nightmare that was evacuation. Took almost ecactly 24 hours to drive what would have normally been a 7 1/2 hour trip.

Here's our route: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3195/2822095442_00b609f4ca_o.jpg

Just the section from New Orleans to Meridian, MS took 17 hours. There were some stretches that took 1 to 2 hours to go 5 miles. At one point, we thought we might run out of gas because there were no stations with any gas left for dozens of miles. We finally found one Shell station in Lumberton, MS that had gas after looking at roughly 30-40 stations on the way. Another problem was that traffic was so dense, that people were overloading the cell towers. Even though we had 5 bars of service, non of us could make calls. You can imagine how hard it was coordinating with the other 3 cars in our party. And if we broke down, how would we call for help? It was bad. Evacuation was a disaster. It was effective in the sense that it got everyone out, but people could have been potentially stuck on the road with no help coming. We saw dozens of abandoned cars on the trip. Left at 6:00 Am and arrived at the hotel at 5:15 AM the next morning.

Everything worked out and it looks like the city made out alright. We got real lucky. The city preparedness was awesome this time. Everyone who wanted to get out got out. The city was actually over prepared with more busses than needed from what I hear.

SOCOM beta was delayed until the 5th apparently, so we're not missing anything there. We have the PS3 and we're getting WiFi so we played some Warhawk online last night and got a little tipsy lol. My school wants to open up for Thursday which is retarded since we don't even know if we can go back until Thursday. Should have just cancelled for the week. I have one crazy teacher who wants us to keep up on assignments via blackboard online. How many people have internet where they are going? And I know I, personally, didn't get caught up on sleep until today, not to mention being in the right state of mind to study.
She's an idiot.

There going to announce when we can go back tonight. Hopefully it's tomorrow 'cause we only have the room through Wednesday. We will definitely be taking back roads to go back home. I took some pics on the road yesterday but don't really remember what they were lol, if interesting I'll post them later.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There were a bunch of evacuees in Dallas bitching about the conditions of the Dallas Convention Center.

They bitched about how no one was being fed. (the Red Cross and Dallas County both agree that there was a shortage of plates but everyone who got out of bed in time for breakfast was served...the Red Cross was continuing to serve people willing to walk about an extra 75 yards.)

They bitched about the sleeping conditions. :wtf: we feed you and house you for free and you wanna b***h about being on a cot? Let's just rent out all the rooms at the Adam's Mark Hotel next time and let you order room service out of our wallets. Would that be okay?:roll: Oh wait, 4-star not good enough? How about The Adolphus?

The most damning thing about it was that they guy bitching the most got into a relatively new Expedition and drove away. WHAT? You can afford an 07-08 Expedition and you can't afford Motel 6 and McDonalds for your family?
Sounds about like the illegals in this country. "oh you give me this and that for free" "I have rights!". f**kin burns my s**t. You try to help someone and go out of your way to make them safe and they shank your s**t.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
glad you guys are ok, and the strength of the storm came down.

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've finally reset from the nightmare that was evacuation. Took almost ecactly 24 hours to drive what would have normally been a 7 1/2 hour trip.

Here's our route: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3195/2822095442_00b609f4ca_o.jpg

Just the section from New Orleans to Meridian, MS took 17 hours. There were some stretches that took 1 to 2 hours to go 5 miles. At one point, we thought we might run out of gas because there were no stations with any gas left for dozens of miles. We finally found one Shell station in Lumberton, MS that had gas after looking at roughly 30-40 stations on the way. Another problem was that traffic was so dense, that people were overloading the cell towers. Even though we had 5 bars of service, non of us could make calls. You can imagine how hard it was coordinating with the other 3 cars in our party. And if we broke down, how would we call for help? It was bad. Evacuation was a disaster. It was effective in the sense that it got everyone out, but people could have been potentially stuck on the road with no help coming. We saw dozens of abandoned cars on the trip. Left at 6:00 Am and arrived at the hotel at 5:15 AM the next morning.

Everything worked out and it looks like the city made out alright. We got real lucky. The city preparedness was awesome this time. Everyone who wanted to get out got out. The city was actually over prepared with more busses than needed from what I hear.

SOCOM beta was delayed until the 5th apparently, so we're not missing anything there. We have the PS3 and we're getting WiFi so we played some Warhawk online last night and got a little tipsy lol. My school wants to open up for Thursday which is retarded since we don't even know if we can go back until Thursday. Should have just cancelled for the week. I have one crazy teacher who wants us to keep up on assignments via blackboard online. How many people have internet where they are going? And I know I, personally, didn't get caught up on sleep until today, not to mention being in the right state of mind to study.
She's an idiot.

There going to announce when we can go back tonight. Hopefully it's tomorrow 'cause we only have the room through Wednesday. We will definitely be taking back roads to go back home. I took some pics on the road yesterday but don't really remember what they were lol, if interesting I'll post them later.
Damn you drove far inland. How far do those hurricane's go into land??? Damn:shock: A hurricane is surreal to me as are earthquakes (I'm a Denver native and have lived here my whole life)....

I'm glad this wasn't as big as they made it seem on the news. The last thing this country needs is another humongous disaster...

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn you drove far inland. How far do those hurricane's go into land???
It's somewhere north of Dallas now but it's just a Tropical Depression.

Nice too. The outer bands are pushing cool air on us. First time since early April that the night time low was below 77.

Supposed to be down to 69 tonight! :thumbs up

Sheesh! the heat must have gone to my head. I'm actually excited about a nighttime low of 69 degrees. :rolf: :retard:

CajunRicer

Master
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
w00t, i finally have electricity again. I have some footage of the hurricane, ima try and post it asap. It wasnt bad at all. we got our power back yesturday and internet back today. It ended up hitting us as a cat 1. Gustav was a little b***h, but ike is gonna pimp slap us. I can feel it.