setting up system 2003 civic sedan

chavalo89

5+ Year Member
i tried installing my sound sytem today in my 2003 civic sedan and it was the biggest pain in the ass.
Can somebody please tell how to get the power cable from the battery to the trunk of the car.
A few friends and myself came up with goin beneath the car but that would require drilling a hole to thread the cable through.
Does anybody know a better way?

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Run it under the carpet of the vechicle you can use fish tape and the area's where the carpet mounts to the seats

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
x2 on going underneath the carpet, thats usually how everyone does it.

greenlx777

BigRed is Dead
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome to the real world of DIY
get a light and take a look at your firewall there are holes plugged with rubber, if you need more explanation u shouldnt be doing this urself

ThaJokaa

Buildin..???
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
through the side adn then pic up those plastic things for the doors and put them under there after that in the area under the steerin wheel should be a hole somewhere l;ike most cars and put the cable in through there

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i ran my wire through the hole from the steering wheel and hid it on under the plastic door trim and then up the side of the back seat and then i popped the back seat up (just pull up on it) and ran it to the trunk.
i hid my amp under my seat though for security reasons and to keep the box from hitting it on the back of the seat in the trunk and messing things up

chavalo89

5+ Year Member
na, putting through the steering wheel hole didn't work. i'm running a 4 gauge power cable. I managed to do it through the gromet on the passenger side. Thanks for your help but. really appreciated;)