shave door handle

ersatz0906

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how can you open shave door? hehe sorry for my ignorance. thru remote door opener I think? what brand, reliable?

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe its a relay. Pretty much your remote for the doors activate a spring thing that pop your doors open. Sux when your battery dies, then ur f**kin screwed. But thats the process in a nut shell.

especko

the reborn ESP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep there is a relay that mounts inside the door that is activated by a remote sorta like that of a keyless entry system or a car alarm, basically the relay controls a push rod type system that pops open the door enough to get the door open, be careful tho because cops are starting to crack down on this because it is unsafe if u are in a car accident and then u cant get the door open from the outside. also most systems come with a manual override switch that u place somewhere hidden on the outside of your car just incase the battery in your remote dies u can still get into your car.

good product is autoloc do a search on google for them they make high quality stuff.

Prez

My Names JOhn...im kool.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there is also a cord you can pull on some kits to release the door just in case somethign dies on you. you mount it somewhere no one would expect it and i doubt theives would think of it.

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can still leave in the keyhole

and as far as cops go... :no:

its not illegal.

and in a wreck, more likely than not they would use the jaws of life to rip the door out. and they can still smash out the window and unlock it. sooooo yeah.

to actually shave it, you can use bondo or weld metal. bondo is much easier.

especko

the reborn ESP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I Cause Cancer said:
its not illegal.
sorry but here in wisconsin it is, thats why i said it, numerous cars have been pulled over and when the cops see the shaved handles they write u a fix it ticket for it, and it must be completed because they do followup checks on the car

phuzzit

Phuzzit - jj-
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im not saying weather its right or wrong - but if there is no law for it then you can take them to court, anywho - here in england its legal and i know in most southern states its legal. - anyone ever wired one of these kits i want to wire one to my alarm and wondering if it will work.

wildest5

B16a1 CRX Si
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
especko said:
sorry but here in wisconsin it is, thats why i said it, numerous cars have been pulled over and when the cops see the shaved handles they write u a fix it ticket for it, and it must be completed because they do followup checks on the car
BUSTED!!! Lived in wisconsin for 19 years and no it is not illegal maybe cops don't like it but they can't make a law on that. I used to live in Waukesha County the most richest county in the state and they are the richest because of all the tickets they issue. It is not illegal because I have a great family friend that is a cop and he said "IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO HAVE SHAVED DOOR HANDLES. :ownded: "

onetwistedcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive got my doors wired up through my alarm remote as well as my remote start and i have a back up battery on my alarm (i love viper) but i also have the cord on the outside of my car just incase for some insane reason my car battery and my alarm battery go dead i still have the cord to get in. i shaved mine due to secrurity reasons. i had some bastard try and break into my car by knocking a big ass hole into my drivers side door right below the handle to try and break in. then they just busted the window. but ne wayz yeah you can get door poppers (by auto loc) and i would suggest getting/making a cord to use to pop open your doors incase you loose power.

PBzAllan

k swapped
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haah id be paranoid of my batery dying,as for the hidden door openr...hah wonder where you would put it at

onetwistedcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PBzAllan said:
haah id be paranoid of my batery dying,as for the hidden door openr...hah wonder where you would put it at
ive seen them several places... in the fender well, underneath the door, behind the back bumper, and ive also seen someone underneath their sideview mirrors which i didnt think was very smart.

Prez

My Names JOhn...im kool.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there is also the one that chip foose did....under the mirror..push it a little...and the door pops open :shock:

worm

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As far as I know here in canada its illegal. Something about the cops not being able to open your door to haul you out if they have to. If its an issue (legality) my friend just disconnected the door handle and welded a kindof metal box inside his door. Did nothing cosmetically but with the poppers at least the doors aren't as easy to break into and nobody's the wiser.

m_hedrick

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
worm said:
As far as I know here in canada its illegal. Something about the cops not being able to open your door to haul you out if they have to. If its an issue (legality) my friend just disconnected the door handle and welded a kindof metal box inside his door. Did nothing cosmetically but with the poppers at least the doors aren't as easy to break into and nobody's the wiser.

I have shaved door handles and I have jumped out of the car twice while it was running and let the door shut...man that gets expensive when your door poppers wont work with the alarm when the car is running....I need to find a way to wire a button to the door so if it happens again I dont have to call a locksmith....but when I can open it with my key pad its cool the door has a 35 lb spring on it to pop iit open...I like it but install some kind of a safeguard just in case you lose power or like a dmbass shut the door while its running :oops:

skribs89si

pissin on authority
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i actually did this on a car i was working on at a car lot where i worked, and we set it up so when you put the key in the key hole in the trunk lid, it would unlock the doors, and then it had a popper in the fender well, and it was on an integra hatch, so if your batt died all you had to do was open teh hatch and climb in

BosanskaTrava

TYPE R
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
m_hedrick said:
I have shaved door handles and I have jumped out of the car twice while it was running and let the door shut...man that gets expensive when your door poppers wont work with the alarm when the car is running....I need to find a way to wire a button to the door so if it happens again I dont have to call a locksmith....but when I can open it with my key pad its cool the door has a 35 lb spring on it to pop iit open...I like it but install some kind of a safeguard just in case you lose power or like a dmbass shut the door while its running :oops:
GOOOOD POINT... im about to get a bodykit, fenders, and get my trunk fixed... and i might aswell shave my door handles while im at it....... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

B16A2_CIVIC

Think. Feel. Drvie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

my civic has no door handles and i like it i have auto loc door poppers kit