Shaved door handles...

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How does everyone feel about shaved door handles on a ek hatch... but i dunno, im doing it to my door mouldings for sure and i think it would look kinda nice with shaved handles, what do you all think??

Oh. just for reference..
im doin a 99-00 front end conversion with mugen front lip, and maybe a rear lip and sides (might just stay stock), i haven't decided.... Input??]

Thanks

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No one has any imput for me??

OH YA... BTW, I picked up a whole shifter assembly today at the junkyard for 50$... I was so stoked because i was quoted anywhere from 200 up from everywhere else... yay for junkyard pickups

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hmm, I dunno.. Im generally not a fan of most "shaving" jobs..
.. It could maybe work...

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no... it will look to smooth i think. just shave the moldings and leave it at that.

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What about just doing shaved door locks?? that sounds like a good idea to me

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jmoto911 said:
What about just doing shaved door locks?? that sounds like a good idea to me
...yea, you could just use 4 door rear handles i assume. that would look okay i think, but you need remote entry of some sort.

divz06

5+ Year Member
I rekon you can pull it off if you shave the door handles and remove the mouldings, but keeping the indent in. I'd do it if i had a 2dr

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks bro... and you paint matched it to my car, thanks alot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I dont mind them because they are a theft deterrant, however it think it sucks when your door poppers dont work and you have to hop in through the trunk, the only shavings im really into are antennas because i dont listen to the radio, trunk key holes, and twats

slammed98hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just make sure you do it correct, or else it will crack in a few months, then you'll have to re-do everything. I just saw a Civic yesterday that attempted to, and it was cracking the entire way around where the door handle was.

good luck if you try it!

bigdaddyvincent

99 Civic Ex.
5+ Year Member
My civic has shaved door handles. EJ8 though.. coupe.. i think it looks nice personally.
And it's always funny when you take it to a shop and they go.. how do you open it? Hahaha.

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Popper set ups can eb a little expensive. And if you shave em do it right. Weld a new piece of metal there and sand it down.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks good but try to have a backup plan for entry just in case your door pop fails, battery dies, etc...

I used to have a neighbor that had to pop the rear sliding window on a Ranger when his battery died. :what:

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
It looks good but try to have a backup plan for entry just in case your door pop fails, battery dies, etc...

I used to have a neighbor that had to pop the rear sliding window on a Ranger when his battery died. :what:
Its funny seeing people who shave their door handles, and have to leave their windows down because they have no backup plan after their popper fails :lol:..

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't like the shave handle.....I think I would rather do lambo doors!!!!

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think shaved handles itself are a bad idea. sure its a theft deterrant. but it will also lure theives in because they will think "why did they get rid of ther handles, their must be something of value in that car".