Shaved door handles...

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dyce590 said:
i think shaved handles itself are a bad idea. sure its a theft deterrant. but it will also lure theives in because they will think "why did they get rid of ther handles, their must be something of value in that car".
lol, or maybe they will think "theres another hatch next to him with door handles... hmm, why don't i make this easy and steal his car"

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am in and out of my car too much. Kinda inconvenient, especaially with passagners.

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Jmoto911 said:
lol, or maybe they will think "theres another hatch next to him with door handles... hmm, why don't i make this easy and steal his car"
lol, i change my opinion

edit: how many thieves rly use door handles nemore =P

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dyce590 said:
lol, i change my opinion

edit: how many thieves rly use door handles nemore =P
HAHA

1 - Me
0 - You

lol

divz06

5+ Year Member
Its more of a cosmetic thing IMO. If you install them right, they arent really that inconvenient at all.

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
shaved hehehe kewl!!

bigdaddyvincent

99 Civic Ex.
5+ Year Member
Well.. I guess it all depends on where you live.. If you live in a relatively safe place.. and you like the look of shaved.. go for it :P

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bigdaddyvincent said:
Well.. I guess it all depends on where you live.. If you live in a relatively safe place.. and you like the look of shaved.. go for it :P
I live in one of the top 5 cities for car theft in all of the US!! YAY.. lol

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dangerous. I don't think race tracks even let you race with shaved handles.

mikeycivic01

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have shaved handles on my em1 and I F'en HATE THEM, its the biggest waste of many and to do them right and have a good reliable back up set up it REALLY expensive, I hate them so much that I got new doors, so now I am just going to fill the key hole and have keyless entry with a viper alarm =)

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you do anything, shave the lock hole by getting the 4dr handles. Julio (ilovesliverex) has it on here.

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo95eg6 said:
Dangerous. I don't think race tracks even let you race with shaved handles.

yeah it sucks getting lock inside your own car.....I don't have shave door handles but my locks are broken so you can unlock it when your inside.

I came home one day and turned off my car, but my locks didn't unlock....so I was like WTF.....turns out my negative battery terminal connection came off and there was no power to unlock my car...I was in my garage...I couldn't start my car either so I use my cell phone to call my bro inside my house to come out into the garage to reconnect the damn battery cable.....hahahahah.....that sucked ass.

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol this thread is so old =) I don't think im gonna do it right now because I don't wanna do any body work until may-june-ish