Shift link pink tried everything!

HiddenNshadows

Doing a d2b series swap & I cant get the stupid shift link pin out, its been 3 days. Ive tried everything!!, ive looked at countless threads videos & tried a hammer, the powersteering bolt, clamp & 3 others, Nothing has worked & the pin hasn't budged after everything Ive tried. Ive done 4 swaps like this & never had any problems like this before. Any friendly advice as I cant take much more of this, Ive got a deadline & its the last thing I need out before I can take the engine out. Yes I know I can get the engine out other ways but Im trying to do it right & not have to break or replace anything

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I've never ran into an issue taking one out using a punch and a hammer. No idea how it could seize up it's not under any pressure or extreme heat.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A torch tends to help in these situations. Get it hot, hit with a hammer and a punch. Should come right out.

easth902

Its happend to me, an air hammer on a very low setting with a punch style bit, worked the first time for me.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

DuckIt

I've always used a punch/10mm headed bolt and hammer.

I'd say heat, if that doesn't work. Drill it out.

HiddenNshadows

Thanks a ton guys, any new ideas to try will help. I wanted to avoid drilling it or sawing if I could but that seems to be my last option. Ill try those ideas again in the morning. bad weather moved in & Im pretty much under a tarp in my yard working.
What I have tried already is, torch to heat, dw40 & pb(not at the same time or with torch) a 5mm socket & extender, The punch I have sits down in it & im afraid is flatting it from the inside(just making the circle bigger) Still trying to find other punches & bolts to match up & try. I also tried the allen key & C clamp, which it broke the threads on the clamp. I turned it until it was to tight for me to turn, then a friend did & it stripped the bottom part where the threads on on the clamp. Ive never had luck uploading pix on here but later on tonight Im going to upload all progess to myekbuild on facebook. No trying to get people away from forums but helpful advice on any & everything as well as access to pics & daily updates. Again tons of thanks guys!