shooting for 10s with my new setup pics inside

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
alright guys I'll be out again in a few days or so depending on certain things. But I figured I'd get some pictures up. New engine new setup same sexy crx. I went 131 best mph and 11.5 best et with my old ls/vtec setup but i had a detonation problem because of oil gettting into intake manifold and i cracked a sleeve. So here is new setup I'm shooting for a little over 500 hp this time so i can run deep 10s

JE pstions
eagle rods
super tech valve train
sonic speed ported head
sonic speed ported skunk2 intake manifold
max bore gsr throttle body
Gsr block
gsr crank
acle bearings
ssautochrome manifold
garettte turbo
gsr tranny
quiafe lsd
h & h slicks 24.5 x 8.5 x 13
13 lenso wheels
ebay catch can
tuned on crome by me

11.7 pass on old setup
http://home.comcast.net/~jaustin97/117.wmv

Josh

skinnyjdm

Always bet on black
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks badass. Never much been into dragging myself, but I gotta respect a fast car. Let us know how it goes

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sweeeeet, pics are a little to large, hope you hit your goal.

24-7

E Engineering
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love the front cross member. I have a similar setup.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i need a new front cross memeber, but i have a ZC, whitch is a D series and all the ones ive seen are bor Bs swaped in.

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah i use the full race cross member i wish i would have got lcon now and saved a few dollars. But both are really nice qualiity and will work with d or b series engines. Well i mean i never run 4th mount on any of my cars.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks nice..but why did u go with a ssauthochrome mani? any problems?

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol if you read my post ive been using it for a long time. Ssautochrome manifold will make more power than full race or alot of other manifolds because the walls are thinnner it displaces heat bettter. Down side is it can crack but I havent had one crack yet. Mine has been on 2 different engines running 20 psi with out having any issues with the manifold cracking. If you don't believe that the ssautochrome makes more power than check out jeff evans tuning site where they dyno all the manifolds.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not red Xs for me, Huge pics for me lol

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
:lol: must be your computer....
atleast i see red x's..sometimes i see nothing...:lol:
we-tood did racing and some other hosts are filtered...

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**kin a dude :thumbs up I love your cars color

good luck

nocomply540

5+ Year Member
Sweet ride. I have personally seen this car in action many times and say that it is very very fast! I loved watching this car line up against v8's and smoke them...The crowd goes nuts! Its been quite some time tho since I've been home. April 2005 was the last time I was able to get to delmar. How were the other hb's running this year? I think tommy is the guys name with the black hb, and the kid from the air force? I'm glad to see your still running strong!
I'm outta here come jan. and will be back in delaware for a month of leave. When I get there I'm buying a friends hatch that you may have seen at the track. A cream colored 4th gen w/a a b16. Guys name is will he's friends with jason who drives the white colored h/b with the turbo ls/vtec... I dunno just thought I'd bring it up...anywho it made my day to be able to see the home town track from out here...keep up the good work

later
matt

ps. what did you run before the end of the season? what were some of the better times from the other cars.

ekshowciv

I'm in Japan Bitches!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice run man. what kind of tires are you runin? it looks like you are putting down some serious hp to the wheels.