Short ram intake

lutherking92

Hi,
I've already read a lot about this whole thing, but there are two little unanswered questions.
First, if I buy a SRI, where do i plug the sensor or probe or whatever it is in english, because as i saw, it is in the OEM pipe.
Second, I heard a lot of rumor about air filters and intake systems, so is it really bad for the engine, or just the low quality ones?

thanks=)

lutherking92

i saw, that the sensor in the intake is just a temp. sensor. Is that true, or is that an o2 sensor?

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Yes, you have a temp. sensor and a breather line that go into your intake. A good SRI should have the necessary holes for your sensors.

And yes, low quality intake filters will potentially hurt your engine. You will want a good filter because the smallest particle that has the potential to hurt your engine is 24 microns and low quality filters don't even get close to that.

akimm17

5+ Year Member
Depending on which engine you have it's been proven that the d16y8s stock intake with a k&n high flow filter is just as effective as 200$+ intake systems... Just sayin
so unless you go cold air with a good quality an Sri is basically useless

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SRI sits right over the transmission so it sucks up a lot of hot air. They sound good, but that's about it. Stick with the stock intake and a K&N like recommended above.

fijisac

get a cheap cold air intake from ebay and just swap out the filter with a K & N filter or an AEM Dry Flow, both work great or you can make your intake. i did it on my old 88 accord and i dynoed it 3 hp increase. it was a cold air induction cause i busted out the thermometer and there was a 5 degrees difference with the stock air clean and my custom intake.

lutherking92

hm, definietly i don't want to ruin my engine, under sri i meant longer pipe, with k&n filter(because i got one from my uncle), which would sit in the place of the stock filter's place
i guess i'll get a cheap cai, and change the filters
thanks for the replies=)

Jason00

5+ Year Member
I have an AEM short ram intake on my car. It reaches the factory filter location, Not above the transmission by much and if you order a True AEM it comes with the neccessary spots for your sensors and plugs.