Short RAM or CAI ?

Magic420

5+ Year Member
I am stuck in this situation where If i should decide to get a COLD AIR intake or a Shortram. Now I know there are some Flaws for using the Cold Air Intakes and the flaw is that it is bad on rainy/snowy/flooded weather by its vulnerable water consumption. Now I'm thinking with a Shortram, That Won't happen..Or what I be wrong. What would be the best intake to get? CAI or ShortRam. And what are the differences in performance. And if I was to get a Shortram b/c of this weather problem that might mess up the CAI, would the Si be suitable for Shortram intakes?

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not another one.:smackself

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Read my sig.

(It finally came in handy! :rolf:. I purposely put it in my sig because I knew another intake thread would start)

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now I know there are some Flaws for using the Cold Air Intakes and the flaw is that it is bad on rainy/snowy/flooded weather by its vulnerable water consumption.
Man, you gotta' be all kinds of f**ked up to hydrolock your car in snow. :lol::bluelol:

msuh08

5+ Year Member
Um in terms of power you really dont see that much. See the problem for me was that there was hardly any room in the engine bay. i have a regular civic and i opted for the short ram cause you cant even stick your hand in the engine bay. its way too tight. so yea it was a pain in the ass to even install the short ram for me. i dont know how it is with the si but the power difference is so minimal it wont even matter. like 1 or 2 hp

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
06+ Si already has a COLD AIR INTAKE. Done.

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:moon::lock: but most importantly ----------------> :deadhorse2:

jzeville

5+ Year Member
F5 Fugita. Sounds Good. i have mine already. but i brought to the dealer for third gear grind. have fun

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude in the top right of the screen theres a search bar.....its really handy. this topic has been beat to death 10000000000 times