Short Shifter Help

EKFour

Hey CC, lately I've been looking into swapping out my stock shifter with either a B&M dual bend or a K Tuned Pro Circuit shifter, both with energy suspension bushings. My question lies in the install process. I've been reading that in order to install the K Tuned, you have to cut part of the weights on the shift linkage to make it fit correctly? Is this true? If so, does the B&M have the same issue? Also, do I have to worry about the linkage scraping on the exhaust when I shift, I have a 2.5" diameter exhaust. I've been looking around and haven't found any answers, any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Clearance shouldn't be an issue if you don't set the K Tuned shifter too low. I bought the Gen 1 shifter, and am about to install it, but I've read that with the Gen 1, there is no need to cut anything. However, I have heard that the Gen 2 needs some cutting to make it fit.

EKFour

Gen 1 being $150 one with black arm and adjustable offset and gen 2 being the $180 procircuit one?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I personally prefer the gen 1 over the gen 2. I like it both in functional adjustments and looks. I've had the gen 1 since it came out and have been nothing but satisfied...with no modifications to anything. I'd have to dig back though my thread, but I did a fairly detailed install on it as well.

EKFour

I personally prefer the gen 1 over the gen 2. I like it both in functional adjustments and looks. I've had the gen 1 since it came out and have been nothing but satisfied...with no modifications to anything. I'd have to dig back though my thread, but I did a fairly detailed install on it as well.
If you could find the install that would be really appreciated! What engine/linkage did you install it on, because I'm putting it on a d16y7 on my civic hatch. And no cutting was involved??

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
1999 Si with a '96 spec R swap and original Si linkage. The shifter is made for both B and D, but I cannot say what any difference might be. I've only owned Si's, so that is what I know. No cutting at all. It was just a standard shifter swap. And I have it on the shortest throw setting, meaning that is at its longest point under the car.

Page 12 of my build thread...
http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/change-em1-content.196979/page-12

EKFour

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely take that into consideration. Nice ride by the way, very functional!