short shifter need help

STR_TopGun

ES1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wats up everyone, I need some help finding a short shifter for my car its an 05 civic. But all the sites I go to only have the short shifter adapter. How does that work? If anyone know a site where i can order a short shifter I would appreciate it if you can tell me.

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
I believe you can't. Your car should be cable shifted, meaning you can only use that adapter, and not a an actual shift kit.

STR_TopGun

ES1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this sucks! but even if i get the adapter my shifter is stick LONG.

STR_TopGun

ES1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fventura03 said:
they do sell adapters, search around. i think neuspeed sells one
do you know anyone who got the adapter? What they have to say about it?

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
They shorten the shift decently, but if its shifter height your worried about, I know a solution. PM if you need info.

yamahaSHO

5+ Year Member
Use the adapter, cut your shifter, weld on threads.... This will give you shorter throws and make the shifter longer.

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yamahaSHO said:
Use the adapter, cut your shifter, weld on threads.... This will give you shorter throws and make the shifter longer.
"shifter longer" ?????????????????

02EXSILVER

I have a monkey?
5+ Year Member
The only actual short throw for our models is the Revo listed above. Well worth the money too. Might I also suggest the shifter bushings too.

o3civic_si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you have an si get the nuespeed one it changes the shift vertically but not horizontal

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
CUT THAT s**t HOMES !!! hahaah

STR_TopGun

ES1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was planing that cutting it about an inch and half and ordering my adapter for my short throw...idk if i want dc sports, fidanza, obx, etc...not sure which adapter to choose!

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
o3civic_si said:
if you have an si get the nuespeed one it changes the shift vertically but not horizontal
i have driven an si with the nuespeed ss adapter and i have the BCss and i like the BC alot better. worth the extra 50 bucks.

CenZ

5+ Year Member
STR_TopGun said:
I was planing that cutting it about an inch and half and ordering my adapter for my short throw...idk if i want dc sports, fidanza, obx, etc...not sure which adapter to choose!
why would you cut it and buy an adapter when you can buy a Revo SS. i would not trust a cut/welded shifter in my car.

STR_TopGun

ES1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
CenZ said:
why would you cut it and buy an adapter when you can buy a Revo SS. i would not trust a cut/welded shifter in my car.

i wasn't going to cut it and cut and weld ......i was going to cut it an 1 1/2" and then re-thread it.

CenZ

5+ Year Member
why? why not do things the right way instead of the half ass way buy the Revo SS. its a full replacement.