Short Shifter

CivicDippin

5+ Year Member
So I have a 91 hatch and I had a thought of tossing in a short throw shifter. But i wanted to know if they hard hard to install. What is the process of installing one. Where should i turn to purchase one. Ebay ones look tocheap to be true so i just dont know thanks for the help guys.

DOHCivic512

Frock
5+ Year Member
oh ya real easy. tow bolts that hold the linkage and the screws that hold the center consle**un screw your shift ball and thats it the rest is staigt forward i hava a b&n short shifter. it coo 1st 3rd 5 are in the same spot but 2nd 4th feel like ther in the nutrule spot. mabe it just that brand? if you want pic of the of the bolts and ect. let me know

CivicDippin

5+ Year Member
OK that is reassuring thanks for the help. would it be possibe to get some pics of the bolts and stuff it would really help Thanks Alot.

AGStylez

Custom Beats JDM
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
don't cheap out on short shifters....
ebay ones snap easily depending on quality...
trust me on that.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OEM 94+ Integra dual bend ftw

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
integra or FLP shifter, only way to go.

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got a skunk 2 duel bend i like it.but never had any thing els

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i only run the OEM 94 integra, due to having 3 ebay shirt shifters when i first got my civic, and all 3 snapped.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have a Tenzo and its been working great for me. I had a single bend and now this one is a dual bend. Not sure what one I like better yet...

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
duel puts the shift knob straight up and single put it at a angle kinda

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ebay shifters seem to break if u shift hard. i'd get DC Sports. i've always liked theirs.

GSratedR

5+ Year Member
Hacksaw FTW! anything but e-bay snatch sould work fine. i also have a tenzo. good stuff.

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got the stock gsr shift linkage and shifter and i got a 94 gsr shift knob on there. it puts it to an angle it like angles it forward a little i like that.

but ive seen gsr swapp hatches with the shifter is so low in the boot but it is still angled forward like mine, how do they do that is that just a short shifter ??

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had a skunk 2 dual and loved it. Very easy to install helps to have two people though.

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
does installing a short shifter actually make the shifter lower, like in the boot more?

andre4444

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
does installing a short shifter actually make the shifter lower, like in the boot more?
dont think so... not on my ebay one at least :lol:
it just makes the distance from the ball joint part of it to where it bolts to the rod, longer

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
then how do you make it lower in the boot? cut it with a hacksaw?