short shifters?

vadeed

5+ Year Member
What is the difference between a dual bend and single bend or is there rally any difference?

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the only difference is driver preference

mike90si

5+ Year Member
i've noticed with short shifters that you can actually damage your trans, the reason as far as i can tell are the lever ratios will be different from clutch pedal to shifter. i've noticed this being more of a problem with a hydro trans. i have a skunk2 dual bend. i had it originally in a 95 4door integra, then put it in my 00 GSR and had problems with 2nd and 3rd gear. but now its in my 90 si and i havent noticed the problem...as much. just a word to the wise. i love my shifter. the weight of the lever and the additional weight of the knob makes for a very positive feel. there is nothing better than rowing through the gears on a back road.

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
now see i have to say that short shifters dont feel right to me unless they have a shift extender on the top. it just feels weird. i had a 90 crx for a short while and the shirt shifter just was weird with how the ratio was different, so i had to get the extender and it made it feel just right. maybe im weird, but its how i am haha

mike90si

5+ Year Member
so you use "the extender" huh? lol just kidding, really that was too easy. i dont understand those. i get it that they position the lever closer to the wheel for less driver movement but wouldnt that negate the whole purpose of a short throw? and actually make shifter throws longer? not to get too off topic