should 55 mph be changed

Goodmayn

5+ Year Member
yeah the editing was a little lame when they got to the bridge, but it's a nice concept... although I would've been pissed to be one of the first few cars behind the roadblock... if i couldnt see what was going on i wouldn't have been mad... and also it's not 55 mph where the optimum mpg is it's like 43 or something like that... atleast that's what new car mpg is rated at on the highways

NewEraImports09

Civic Aficionado
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay now I found something cool to do at the next CC meet , LoL. That s**t would be awesome just to get about 20 or so Hondas driving at the limit with like a s**t load of cars behind them and getting a shot like from an overpass. All I wanna know is, Who's coming with me? lol

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
k624ash said:
isnt it illeagal to be in the passing lane if you arent passing? i hope no one caught in the traffic had anywhere too important to be. For all you know that guy in the van was trying to get to the hospital cause he heard his son was in a car accident or something like that.
j_fukin_t said:
if its a 2 lane highway the left lane is designated as a passing lane, technically an officer can give you a ticket for driving in the left lane constantly if they want to be a d**k
In SOME states it's illegal to drive in the left lane if you are not passing someone (or avoiding an obsticle for example).

Most states, if not all designate the left lane as a passing lane but often it is not illegal to just drive in it without passing anyone else. Usually the law is just no passing on the right. Rarely does this seem to be withheld unless it creates a dangerous situation.

I honestly think it should be against the law to drive in the left lane unless you are passing though. Traffic flows so much smoother when the left lane is left clear besides passing vehicles. Try it yourself and maybe we can at least help a little bit. When you've finished passing the other car(s), move over to the right.
jonesEK said:
Im sorry but if they did this to me and i would have been close to them i would have thrown a few pennys or something at them..
Booo for road rage
Yeah, I like to call this kind of driving "inciting road rage". Similar to that car that sits in front of you and blocks traffic just because they think driving the speed limit or under and forcing you to do the same makes the roads safer.
NewEraImports09 said:
Okay now I found something cool to do at the next CC meet , LoL. That s**t would be awesome just to get about 20 or so Hondas driving at the limit with like a s**t load of cars behind them and getting a shot like from an overpass. All I wanna know is, Who's coming with me? lol
This is also called "King of the Road" and is illegal. Not only is it illegal, but it tempts people to damage your car, hurt you, or end up hurting themselves or others.

I would not recommend anyone do this.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would just use a turning lane or the shoulder. f**kers like that piss me off. I am allowed to drive whatever speed i want to Legal or Not.

NewEraImports09

Civic Aficionado
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As much as I'd hate this to happen to me., can you really blame them if it was a somewhat normal situation. I mean it is true the limit is the limit we SHOULD go but if lets say 55 is the speed limit why should you be worried about passing them. (unless its a life or death situation) I mean Im sure that what they are doing cant be more illegal than speeding by them or passing them on the shoulder. Just stop and think If you need to go past the SPEED LIMIT to go past them arent you the one breaking the law not them. I know im gonna feel like a d**k when someone does this to me but I think the difference here is wether this is legally right or wrong and/or if it is ethically right or wrong.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NewEraImports09 said:
As much as I'd hate this to happen to me., can you really blame them if it was a somewhat normal situation. I mean it is true the limit is the limit we SHOULD go but if lets say 55 is the speed limit why should you be worried about passing them. (unless its a life or death situation) I mean Im sure that what they are doing cant be more illegal than speeding by them or passing them on the shoulder. Just stop and think If you need to go past the SPEED LIMIT to go past them arent you the one breaking the law not them. I know im gonna feel like a d**k when someone does this to me but I think the difference here is wether this is legally right or wrong and/or if it is ethically right or wrong.
What they are doing is legally wrong. It is called King of the Road and is against the law. I have a feeling that at least some police would have a bigger problem with King of the Road than a couple people speeding.

HuhDuh

Honda n00b
5+ Year Member
I drove from Phoenix to Las Vegas doing 80 up to 100, filled up once before i left, and still had 1/4 tank left when i got home.. I love my honda MPG

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Goodmayn said:
yeah the editing was a little lame when they got to the bridge, but it's a nice concept... although I would've been pissed to be one of the first few cars behind the roadblock... if i couldnt see what was going on i wouldn't have been mad... and also it's not 55 mph where the optimum mpg is it's like 43 or something like that... atleast that's what new car mpg is rated at on the highways
Why would they give estimates like that? They wouldnt. Why? b/c thats false advertising. you dont EVER do 43 mph on a freeway. The LWOEST MPH they could use (and do) is 55. google it. =)

I absolutely HATE when people drive in the far left (passing) lane and DONT move over...Driving on the freeway should be a leapfrog type of event. pass the person in front, move over. that simple.

HuhDuh

Honda n00b
5+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
I absolutely HATE when people drive in the far left (passing) lane and DONT move over...Driving on the freeway should be a leapfrog type of event. pass the person in front, move over. that simple.
On a two-lane highway yes, butt on a 5 line highway, whats to say that i can't own lane #3 if you can't over take it from me? 8)

JMagic21824

Mmmmmkay.....
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NghtHwkBlkEM2 said:
yea the part that pissed me off was when the camera was on the overpass and they kept rewinding it and forwarding it over and over
I live in the Atlanta area and remember when they pulled that stunt. I think the rewinding was from a DOT traffic cam because they played that clip on all the news stations. The editing was horrible, everything thing from the spike in audio levels to the idiotic pacing of the cuts. Interesting thing to call attention to, however, it's pretty lame to toot your own horn and call a radio station about a stunt that YOU are pulling as if someone else is doing it. I'll get off of my soapbox now...

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HuhDuh said:
On a two-lane highway yes, butt on a 5 line highway, whats to say that i can't own lane #3 if you can't over take it from me? 8)
I thought I was clear when I said....
MySiIzFaster said:
I absolutely HATE when people drive in the far left (passing) lane....
...I dont care if its 2 lanes or 10.... far left was the important part. The # of lanes dont matter. =)