Should I buy this?

bigskyeric

Well, The bad news is the kid finally told me the car had a salvage title. (I had to ask him to look, he didn't know what it meant...WOW)BUMMER, so I offered him $1000. He said no, but then texted me this morning and said he would take $1000 for the car. So looks like I'm getting a civic tomorrow. I had a salvaged Integra GSR before that I bought for $7000 in Denver. Drove it for 2 years, put 30,000 miles on it, and still sold it for $6500 in Montana, that's how hard it is to find nice honda's here. Now I have that extra $500 for a timing belt/water pump. Also, does anyone know of a Cruise Control System that will work on these cars? One that I could find in a junkyard? Thanks Everyone!!!

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no cruise on these. I don't know of an aftermarket system either.

bigskyeric

no cruise on these. I don't know of an aftermarket system either.
Guess I'll have to rig up a stick or something if I have to go long distances. haha. I just have to remember that a 108hp car is only quick because it weighs 2280 pounds. Because it has no frills. First thing, is I'm going to put in a Integra center piece. I need an armrest and cupholders. that'll add 2 pounds.

stryderd15

idk man 200k is alot i dont even have 130k on my 86 crx and im already havin issues with the engine. its up to you but i would atleast have a honda mechanic check it out first

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
I say buy it. Not too many 3rd gens getting rep'd anymore and they are becoming more and more hard to come by...

civic0918

Registered VIP
hell yeah man buy it. 1500 isnt much and there are a ton of mods for that car it could really be nice. Its nice now for stock and 200k isnt bad for a honda. Take care of it and you can get to 300 or even 400 k. I have 203 k on my 97 and it runs like new i just had a ton off suspension trouble after lowering it thats all.

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i actually think there is cruise but youd have to get it from a sedan i believe, someone correct me if im wrong

bigskyeric

I bought it and got it home today. Paid $1000 for it. The Paint is absolutely terrible, so I'll be doing A LOT of wet sanding and buffing. There is a bondo patch that is cracked too. But it runs great, and is MUCH faster then any other SI I have ever driven. Which leads me to believe there are some internal mods. I've never driven a lowered car before, but this car does NOT like big bumps. It crashes pretty hard and seems to bottom out. Wondering if they just cut the springs. Also has a pretty bad wobble when you accelerate hard. (thinking it needs new bushings) but once the car is going down the road, it drives pretty nice for a $1000 car. The battery is in the back, which normally I would like, but I bought it to carry all my detailing stuff. Guess I'll have to build a box for the battery. The interior is in pretty good shape, other then the rip in the seat bolster, and the glove box is missing?? (anyone have an extra?) Anyways, thanks for the help everyone, I'll keep you posted on the progress.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Keep us updated on it, and post more detailed pictures.

bigskyeric

After nosing around the car today, I noticed it was built in Canada. I was always under the impression Civics were built in Japan. And it has a mechanical clutch? Crazy.

civic0918

Registered VIP
i owned 5 different cars with over 200k on them in my life. and everyone ran when i sold them.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go for it and the si's of that year are VERY hard to find with cruise or a/c both were options.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would pick it up, drop in a K24 with a/c & p/s, then call it a day.