Should i buy this?

BrandonTCanada

Hey 6th gen owners. what do you think of this?
I found on kijiji a 2000 civic si(us ex i believe) rolling car. $500. Things wrong with it are
"Rad support,windshield,front bumper,driver fender and interior are rough"! The car also comes with a D16y8 with 173xxx kms on it. i can buy a tranny from a 97 or 98 for $100 from another guy with 150xxxkms. How much will it cost (rough estimate) for a shop to put the tranny in. il ask him for pictures and post em up when i get them. So is this a good deal or what?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
according to how rough this so called "rough" is.

it may be good deal if you are qualified to structurally repair it, if not id leave it alone

BrandonTCanada

well i can get help with piecing it back together, but i dont have garage. will this effect me building this car to standards?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:wstupid:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
pretty much man, you are gonna need a welder, grinder, air compressor ,air tools, etc etc etc, id find one that isnt wrecked, caues it sounds like you dont know much about it. not being a d**k.

BrandonTCanada

pretty much man, you are gonna need a welder, grinder, air compressor ,air tools, etc etc etc, id find one that isnt wrecked, caues it sounds like you dont know much about it. not being a d**k.
I felt confident enough to replace the fenders and bumper, cause thats simple. but i think your right. i have no business trying to build that car with my situation right now. it would just end up me putting money into it and then selling the car for less then i put into it and half done

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
pretty much, a bumper and fender is nothing. core support and rails and s**t is a whole different ballgame, find somthing that does not need all the work.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry im not much of a help to anyone...

hgocasca

I felt confident enough to replace the fenders and bumper, cause thats simple. but i think your right. i have no business trying to build that car with my situation right now. it would just end up me putting money into it and then selling the car for less then i put into it and half done
Qft.

Welcome to Honda lol I did that with my last car (da9) and sold it for about half of what I invested. But any Honda nowadays is going to need work or be someone's half finished project. Or it'll be minty and stock, and cost you a deal with the devil to afford.

BrandonTCanada

ya i figure thats what would happen.. wait a few years til i have access to a garage regularly, i do wish i could build it though

emerican

Registered VIP
I havent done one in awhile,but radiater supports and some of those other things you need alot of stuff to do correctly and no point in doing it if not correctly.