Should i do it?

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i was on Craigslist and i saw that a guy is selling a 1989 Nissan 240sx so i called him up and he said the car runs but 3rd gear doesent work. its an automatic, with some minor body work and needs paint.power windows, power door locks, power mirrors, sunroof, alloys, almost new tires.The a/c is cold and the headlights pop up.The vehicle has 128K miles on it.

id be using it as a project car, but i guess id have to find a way to convert it to 5speed, i guess not too hard since id be trying to buy a new motor and trans. he want 750 for it, is it worth it? or should i just say f**k it.

theres no pics tho.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$750.00 is not too terrible.

I've seen 'em listed for $1000 with blown to hell KA24, clapped out tranny and diff, and every body panel dented. The price just blew up on them kinda' like ae86s did.

Beat to hell and without any mods, single cam S13s aren't that cool.

Make sure the engine is cold when you check it out. They have weak cam chain tensioners. If it rattles on start up, it needs a new tensioner. That'll be worth at least $250 off the price

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
frankly.. i wouldnt.. ive purchased my share of cheap cars for "projects" but at the end of the day, a beater is still a beater.. and in cars this cheap and beat, the money required to get beyond beater status would afford you less of a beater... so no.

..if that made any sense..

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
frankly.. i wouldnt.. ive purchased my share of cheap cars for "projects" but at the end of the day, a beater is still a beater.. and in cars this cheap and beat, the money required to get beyond beater status would afford you less of a beater... so no.

..if that made any sense..
yea it made perfect sence, and yea, id have to throw in some major gwappage to get it to even drift (thought about it) or show room status. even for it to look good and drive good for a dd. so i guess ill pass

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
chances are you're not going to swap the tranny anytime soon.

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chances are you're not going to swap the tranny anytime soon.
pretty much gonna be sitting in my drive way untill oct. i used to work at a transmission shop, so im not worried about the transmission i can get it rebuilt for 400 or less. but i think ill pass idk

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you want to go drifting on the cheap, i have a clean bmw e30 ill sell you.. a little bit of a cruise though to IL.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the way people have been scooping of 240 SX's, i'd pick it up, drop a new motor and trans, do the conversion, and if you don't want it anymore, someone will buy it. a car running with less than 200K miles for less than a grand isn't bad.