should i do the jdm thing on a 98 civic lx automatic???

kvr868

ok guys wats up, ive got a question thats been on my mind for a while, i have a 98 civic lx automatic and i really like the jdm look (lips, stanced, fog lights,clean etc.) and i put a lot of time and work in the car and dont want 2 sell it, all i want to 2 know is that if its worth it if im probably keeping the car for about 2 more years if it doesnt crap out on me lol
thanks

UNLV23

It's your car... You should do what YOU want with it.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah man, like stated above do what you want. If you got the extra cash to spend and dont plan on getting all the cash you spend on the car back when you do sell it then go for it.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude go SO JDM!

So tired of this JDM phase. Cars sold on the Japanese domestic market don't come slammed on coilovers with crazy camber.

Anyway, it's all up to you as to how you would like to modify your car. Everyone would do things differently. Only you know what you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How is stanced JDM?

Do what you want, it's your money. I personally would sell it and get a manual. Stock Civics are slow as it is and an automatic makes it even more so. Even if it is just a daily driver/commuter you at least need a car that can get out of it's own way.

emerican

Registered VIP
I agree if its what you want to do and are ok knowing that when or if you do sell it you wont get most of the money back then do it. As long as it makes you happy with your car thats all that matters.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its just for looks, do it..i have an automatic now and that didn't stop me from doing anything to it..just forces me to not speed or drive crazy

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OP what exactly do you think JDM is?
This.

I don't think he has a clue. Hell, I don't think 90% of the people that spout the phrase know what it actually means.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mad tyte jdm yo.

half cars you see are not even "jdm" as you would say, its just a bunch of ebay s**t slapped on with some coilovers and over priced wheels.

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
i got a 98 civic LX and am trying to do the JDM thing (soon enough) its swapped so i guess thats my start, but rockin a 4 door is siiiiick!!

98EJSe7en

BLT2DRV
This.

I don't think he has a clue. Hell, I don't think 90% of the people that spout the phrase know what it actually means.
Wait, you mean to tell me it doesn't mean Mugen, Spoon, Tanabe, Tein, AEM, Greddy, Nitto, Volk, etc etc stickers thrown all over my car with my 50 dollar coilover sleeves on my AGX shocks with killer strut tower brace, My 40 dollar Autozone intake tube with 15 dollar blue filter, the 50 dollar..... Wait 100 dollar muffler I had installed at the local muffler shop, and the one thing I actually had to pay good money for, my SI wheels (500 dollars with slightly used rubber) doesn't make my car JDM....... Damnit, those Internet Website Forums swore I'd be JDM if I did all this!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
-sigh. glad im outa this scene lol

man, you can do a 5speed swap on it, without selling the car. just swap it. and do what you want to it