Should i restore my 95 civic?

XtraDimensional

Went to a "pull and save" and was able to pull a 92 accord distributor for $20.00
Switched out the coil from that distributor to my distributor for my d16z6.
I also bought a new distributor rotor an put it on.
My car fired right up, i let it run about 10-15 minutes then shut it off with fear of making that coil go out/weaken, because there still needs to be a replaced distributor cap/ wires/ and lastly plugs.
It got a little too late toying around with salvage yards and working on my civic but at least i got the important part figured out.
I had a bad ignition coil, tomorrow i will replace plugs/ wires/ and cap To complete the tune up. Not even sure how long its been since last tune up. But i think i changed the plugs 3-4 years ago and wires and cap never in the 7 years i have owned it.
I nick name this car "christine" (stephen king novel about the car that would reconstruct its self from an unrecognizable state after being crashed, crushed or brutalized) because she always comes back to life, i love that movie and i love my car, i don't think i could ever sell her, she treats me too good.
She might give me a little hic up here or there but she is so sentimental to me.:suprise:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
really this all depends on how much the car is worth to you and what it means to you. no one can give you an answer really. if my car was in that shape, i would keep it. others would not

strykr

I'm currently in the process of rebuilding mine and its in worse shape then what I saw on yours. So I say rebuild if you got the time and money..

But mines a summer time rebuild since I already have a summer only DD with 350Whp currently.. the civic is going to turn into my "winter beater/DD"

XtraDimensional

changed out spark plugs from stupid bosch plugs to v power NGK plugs.
YEC japan distributor rotor and cap.
New Spark plug wires.
so essentially a full tune up.
She is running real nice, quiet, and smooth now, i am happy about that!
Her idle was rough before and on cold starts before the engine warmed up it would have a pulsing idle going from about 1000 rpms to 2000 rpms like someone was throttling her.
That went away with this tune up.
Now to suspension, and timing next, maybe even a new clutch and flywheel also.