should i trade?

should i trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok i have an offer to trade my 97 coupe with a b18b(roughly 15k) with bolts ons and a b16 tranny for a 92 civic vx with a b16 swap out of a 00SI with 50k on it and same bolt ons. my car has 180k on the chassis and needs a new rear bumper. his car needs a new VSS and is kinda ricey. z3 fenders invader style CF hood and hatch with the tail lights shaved. my car has a prior salvage title his is clean title. neither cars have rust. his is flat back mine is red. should i trade him my car for his plus 250 bucks from him?
my car

EDIT: found a different car pics on page 2 ignore the info in this post

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i guess its all up to you really, and if you want another project to dump money into

silver booolet

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pictures would help.. but from what i can read i would say sick with what you got and do an lsvtec

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if thats what you have wanted, then do it

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude your coupe is sexy and the hatch has a LOT of potential. TRADE!!!

This looks like a fun project and in the end, it'll probably be better than your coupe. Just don't add the $250.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
eh s**t i had to edit, just saw your reply,

civictegfan

Honda Fanatic
5+ Year Member
i wouldn't do it...the shaved rear hatch looks gay....definitely get rid of the hood, headlights, mirrors, and tail lights if you do trade....i noticed he does not have handles....i know from experience that the door poppers can be a b***h sometimes...i personally like hatches since i own one but in this deal i like yours better....all yours needs are some si tail lights and some red, gold, or even blue rims.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i can pick up a new hatch, hood and fenders easy enough tho. maybe the mirrors and headlights as well. i can prolly sell the ricey stuff on CL fairly easily judging by the civics i see in my area lol

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think you should do it, and tell him to throw down some moneys on his side... At least enough to get it painted!

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^ word...the hatch has potential but your gonna have to shell out alot of dough

DaBeastWthn

5+ Year Member
If you have a good painter than can do it cheap after replacing the panels then it's not a bad deal. I personally wouldn't do less than $750 on top of his car. That way he can pay the de-ricing cost. Just my 2 cents. As far as I've seen the salvage title takes the value to about 80% of book value. So not enough to devalue it that much man! By the way... do see red interior accents on the hatch?