Shudder from front when gas pedal slightly depressed [appears to be solved]

ABS is not just on the front, anti-lock braking system, is on all 4 corners. The ABS is activated by wheel speed sensors installed in the knuckles and utilizes a hall-effect type sensor in conjunction with the inside of the brake rotor.

Bald tires wont necessarily cause this problem, wheel spin (traction control) and very low tire pressure can cause your ABS to activate.

constructive intelligent answer...................

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
youve already bullshitted enough and gave enough examples in your boring rambles that you have no concept of what your doing stop trying to use long drawn out paragraphs to try and sound smart its lame and boring already i didint bother to read half of what you wrote back to autozone young man to continue asking questions
im in full support of people coming here to ask a variety of questions thats understandable but people that come on these sites to try and act smarter and more in depth then the people there asking are total clowns
Ever heard of proper punctuation?

Reactions: HeX

jackdog1

I got a chance to drive it around a bit today with the window down, and heard absolutely nothing out of the ordinary (should have heard clicking if it was my CV axles). After doing a bit of research on the motor mounts, I concluded that the shuddering is likely due to the level of wear on my left motor mount. This theory's been basically confirmed by the fact that my parents just took their '04 civic, which was having a similar infrequent shuddering problem (which they hadn't told me about until I mentioned the issue with mine), in today for routine inspection, only to find that their left motor mount was torn. Replacing their mount solved it completely for them, so I'll replace mine and see if that cures it. My right transmission mount is also fairly worn, so I'll probably replace that in a couple weeks anyways regardless of whether the problem is fixed or not.

jackdog1

youve already bullshitted enough and gave enough examples in your boring rambles that you have no concept of what your doing stop trying to use long drawn out paragraphs to try and sound smart its lame and boring already i didint bother to read half of what you wrote back to autozone young man to continue asking questions
Really? I have no concept of what I'm doing? This coming from the guy who dangerously overfilled the oil in his engine?

As for going back to Advance Auto Parts and asking them instead, I think I will. They've certainly been more helpful than you have.

Last edited:

jackdog1

Well, I replaced the left engine torque mount today. I ended up taking the old one off in two pieces, so it was much worse than it appeared (I basically had no torque mount). Once the new one was mounted, I noticed a very significant improvement. When I first started the car, I almost thought something was wrong because the engine was so much quieter. I drove it around for about an hour in mixed city/highway conditions and even tried to re-create what I was doing when I felt the shuddering before, but noticed nothing out of the ordinary. I'll have it out for about an hour and a half on the highway tomorrow, so I'll see how that goes, but so far it seems like the problem is solved.