SI cluster tach problem?

4thgencx

U Sit Down When U Pee!
5+ Year Member
A while back I got a stock si cluster with tach cause my hatch didnt come with one. As far as I know it's plug and play correct? Well anyways when i put it in and started the car the tach jumped to 2000 and the speedo jumped to 40 km... and they just stood there.. didnt move back down until i turned off the car. Anyone know how to fix it or is it no good anymore?

ptgraphix

Did you have this kind of problem with the cluster that you had in there before?

4thgencx

U Sit Down When U Pee!
5+ Year Member
ptgraphix said:
Did you have this kind of problem with the cluster that you had in there before?
nope.. i had the cluster with no tach in it.. i have a cx.. so since it's plug and play i put it in adn it did that.. you know how to fix it.. or anyone kno for that matter?

ptgraphix

Hmm, almost sounds like it must be a cluster problem. Since it was fine before you installed this one and they are just plug and play. Do the needles ever go back to zero mph or the correct rpm??

4thgencx

U Sit Down When U Pee!
5+ Year Member
ptgraphix said:
Hmm, almost sounds like it must be a cluster problem. Since it was fine before you installed this one and they are just plug and play. Do the needles ever go back to zero mph or the correct rpm??
no they dont.. i read somewhere that if it does that someone musta fiddled around with the needles... theres a way to fix it i believe but i forget how... thats what im trying to fig out... but if thats not it then im guessing its broke?

ptgraphix

Yeah, sounds like theyre broke, maybe tampered with. Does it look like there used to be gauges installed over the stock face, like indiglos maybe??

chiliredDX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if the previous owner changed the back ground color of the gauges or messed with them in any way, chances are that the needles were removed and not put back on correctly.

4thgencx

U Sit Down When U Pee!
5+ Year Member
how do u know if there on correctly...do u push it all the way in..or just when u hear the first click?

ptgraphix

so wait...have you even tested this yet after being installed? Sounds like you just barely installed it for the first time :what:

4thgencx

U Sit Down When U Pee!
5+ Year Member
ptgraphix said:
so wait...have you even tested this yet after being installed? Sounds like you just barely installed it for the first time :what:
The thing is my car was sitting in my garage for a month.. didnt start it or nothing that whole time... then the other day i got this cluster, put it on and when i turned it on the tach and speedo stuck. it happend from the car not being on for that long i guess? cause now it works ok.. now the only thing thats messed is my temp gauge.. it just shoots straight up as soon as you turn it on