si cluster

bolisticSI

look under the hood first
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just got a 2000 civic si cluster and I put it in my 97 civic. The temp and fuel guages don't work, the tach and speedo do work. does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix or what to do.

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
check and make sure its properly plugged in.. if not, i would think the only thing you could do next is get a replacement from honda just for that gauge.

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where'd you get the cluster?

It should be plug and play... so either double check your plugs like hkt03 said, and make sure they're plugged all the way in... or go back to who you bought it from.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
double check the plugs...and yea..where did you get the cluster from???

bolisticSI

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I found the guy on ebay, but i have talked to him a lot since i bought the cluster. He says it worked before he shipped it and there was no damage during shipping. I know he didn't scam me.

Dr.Anus

proctologist
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
96BlackCivicHB said:
is it plug and play from a dx cluster (no rpm) to ex cluster or do i have to get wire harness?
Don't thread jack, do a search next time, yes it will be p&p, and no you don't need a harness.

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
96BlackCivicHB said:
is it plug and play from a dx cluster (no rpm) to ex cluster or do i have to get wire harness?
Plug and play. The wires are all there... the dx cluster just isnt utilizing them.

To the OP, try going back and reinstalling your stock cluster and see if everything works. It is possible that the wires for your temp and fuel are loose/damaged, and this would prove whether its the cluster, or the harness.

IN2deep

5+ Year Member
i have just swapped in a clusted w/ a tach into my hatch that didnt have on from the factory and it was plug and play like everyone else said so it souds like a bad cluster

bolisticSI

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am running my old cluster in my car now and everything works. Is there anything I can do or check to fix the cluster before I declare it a lost cause?

also which plugs control the fuel and temp?

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
96BlackCivicHB said:
even for a automatic?
if you use a manual cluster in an auto, there is no plug in the cluster for the automatic wiring. but it still works!

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bring it to a honda dealership and see what they say....